Apple Alters Galaxy in Space for OS X Mountain Lion

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jabliese

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
My apologies if this ends up a double post, first post appears to have been filed in the bit bucket.

Most likely, this is Andromeda in infrared. It's a common practice in astronomy, as the infrared band penetrates things like dust clouds around galaxies. Behold, Andromeda in infrared from one of my favorite web sites:
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100219.html

[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]waaa waaa waaa, jesus people, stop crying all the time![/citation]

Someone feel free to correct me if they think that I'm wrong, but this post looks like he/she is the one doing the crying.

[citation][nom]SoiledBottom[/nom]Nasa's been looking at it wrong[/citation]

NASA is holding the galaxy wrong and should stop making it's battery explode with their gravitational waves. These waves are known to be worse than brain waves, but not as bad as waving your hand with your iOS device in it at your friends. Samsung says that they have GW-resistant paint on the battery, but it doesn't seem to help 100% on their galaxy.

[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Frankly, does this matter? Apple can do whatever the heck they want for a wallpaper...[/citation]

Agreed, but that doesn't mean that we can't needlessly troll and/or argue over it like fanboys.

Is the only difference the color? That does not matter at all, the color that is shown in images of space object, especially distant ones is based on the imaging type used to take it and may be also altered to see details better.

[citation][nom]hang-the-9[/nom]Is the only difference the color? That does not matter at all, the color that is shown in images of space object, especially distant ones is based on the imaging type used to take it and may be also altered to see details better.[/citation]

Good point, but Apple's image is supposedly an edit of the NASA pic, not a real pic using a different camera technology. However, Andromeda is close enough to be pictured in real color. It's so close that you can see it with the naked eye on a clear night from some parts of our planet if you have decent eyesight, although obviously not even close to the detail that the NASA picture shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS