Apple Beefs Up, Tunes Up iPhone Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

iKon007

Reputable
May 21, 2014
Hahahaha 8mp Camera?? Awesome, I turned my 13mp camera down to get 16:9 photos and its still 10mp and better than the latest greatest offering from the Apple Gods.

I read in another article that the displays were like retina on steroids (Clearly an ijerkoff boi), again totally awesome, just as awesome as my 2 year old HTC Butterfly that had Full HD 5 inch screen. Now I've got a QHD phone and its older than the ip6!

I'm sure I remember ifans saying that anything bigger than an iPhone was pointless and would be too hard to use and live with... I'm sure I heard that being sprouted by them... Now those bigger sizes will be the best thing since sliced bread no doubt!

I cant believe people are still in raptures about this company and their products! Apple are clearly playing catching and obviously failing at that! Check out the Oppo Find 7 if you want a properly specced phone!

I personally don't care for any phone, but yes the Apple cult I know what you mean.

Yes the iWatch really looks something I want! Only problem is I don't have an iPhone :(

Hahahaha 8mp Camera?? Awesome, I turned my 13mp camera down to get 16:9 photos and its still 10mp and better than the latest greatest offering from the Apple Gods.

I read in another article that the displays were like retina on steroids (Clearly an ijerkoff boi), again totally awesome, just as awesome as my 2 year old HTC Butterfly that had Full HD 5 inch screen. Now I've got a QHD phone and its older than the ip6!

I'm sure I remember ifans saying that anything bigger than an iPhone was pointless and would be too hard to use and live with... I'm sure I heard that being sprouted by them... Now those bigger sizes will be the best thing since sliced bread no doubt!

I cant believe people are still in raptures about this company and their products! Apple are clearly playing catching and obviously failing at that! Check out the Oppo Find 7 if you want a properly specced phone!

You clearly know nothing about cameras to make such a statement as more pixels= better quality picture we all know that is to be true right?

16GB storage and no waterproofing. Regretfully I'll switch to Android. $750 is already tough to swallow for the iPhone 6 plus. The lack of essential features at that price point and what is likely 1GB of RAM put the final nails in the coffin.

iKon007

Reputable
May 21, 2014

Hahaha Theres a good chance I know a lot more than you do about it... But anyhoo... Like I said check out the Oppo Find 7, very likely to be a better camera more MP's or not champ....

Nuckles_56

Admirable

You to avoid criticizing their products, as I can't remember when I last saw a negative response to something that Apple has done or produced

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Got to love those marketing terms for the camera. :)

But OIS and "Phase Changin?" Lens/Layers are important/good things for any camera...Slow Mo, it's okay.

I just wish they copied the Galaxy Note series and included a Wacom Digitizer with a S-Pen like pen..

Jeffrey Barone

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Now they can do an article about how the galaxy s6 is already better than the iPhone 6. Yeah Tom all this apple bs makes me think this site is a lie

FiveStarAkil

Reputable
Apr 20, 2014
so few days ago toms published an article saying "all the new motorola products are flawed" how about these overpriced new Apple lineup?
Funny how the new MotoX is better than the IP6 in all aspects. I really heated that article title!

OcelotRex

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Um what? Comparing Google Glass to the Apple Watch makes zero sense. I was against 5"+ screens due to battery life but since the 6 Plus will have outstanding battery life without having to cripple it, alla Android devices,

I agree with your first post but you're wrong on the second. I've had a Galaxy Note II for years now with a 5+ inch screen and 2 days of battery life. There's plenty of large screen android phones with great battery life.

burkhartmj

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Um what? Comparing Google Glass to the Apple Watch makes zero sense. I was against 5"+ screens due to battery life but since the 6 Plus will have outstanding battery life without having to cripple it, alla Android devices, I'll be per-ordering the 6 Plus 64gb. Apple Pay is very intriguing and will all the hacks going on lately it was nice to see my bank send me an email right after Apple's event and tell me their mobile app will be integrated with Apple Pay. Apple did it right in getting the major CC companies, retailers and banks on board before even announcing it. This is why all other touch payment systems have failed in the US. If I had the 5s I don't think it's worth upgrading to the 6 maybe 6 Plus if you wanted a bigger screen. I've had the 5 since it came out so it's time upgrade and the 6 plus is worthy upgrade.

I think it Apple did right with the Apple Watch but I more than likely won't be getting one. If it goes on sale or something in a year for >$299 maybe but it's not worth it to me.

Android phones aren't being crippled by larger screens. Pick a modern phone with a screen larger than 5 inches and it gets at least acceptable battery life, and the Quad HD LG G3 and OnePlus One [personal experience] get astounding battery life.

Apple Pay is the same protocol that Google Wallet has used for ages. If you look at the supported companies, it the same as Wallet, because it's the same tech. This is also why 220,000 merchants already support it, because it's not new. I'm all for standards, but don't act like Apple did something special here. The only thing interesting they did was the card number randomization, and at least visa is doing it for themselves so it could easily make its way to other devices/platforms.

I'll also never understand people extolling the virtues of the Apple Watch. My first and persistent reaction is 'ew'. The thing ranges from offensively ugly to inconspicuously bland depending on the band and finish you get. The interface looks super cluttered with useless gimmicks, but I'll have to see a video demo before having a particularly solid opinion. There's no justifying the price though, $349 is outrageous considering better looking devices with similar specs are already released, and this thing won't hit the market til Android Wear gen 2 devices start getting announced.

dovah-chan

Honorable
Notice how they always say that 'this is X % faster/better than the iPhone(tm) X'

It took them over 5 generations to finally get a 1080p panel in one of their phones. When the iPhone 4 came out 1080p was pretty common amongst higher end phones.

And I'm sorry I dislike Apple's camera software and hardware. I find that even my HTC One M8's Ultrapixel sensor is better than their's. The OIS and good HDR shooting modes along with the U-focus feature are great. Plus the camera itself doesn't jut out at all like a lot of good phone cameras do. It's nice looking and fits perfectly.

Plus if ios wasn't so closed that you have to jailbreak it in order to really customize anything or play around with a device you spend hundreds to almost a thousand dollars for, I don't see very much point in buying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.