Apple Breaks Tech Records in Q1; 37 Million iPhones Sold

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
sigh. just sigh. overpriced, bla bla, pretty phone, crappy specs, bla bla.
I've given up trying to understand how people can justify buying crApple products. Android is so insanely superior, it leaves me dumbfounded as to what iOS is doing for the people (and yes, I've owned an iPhone...I almost smashed it to pieces because it couldn't perform HALF the stuff my android phone can).
"Apple breaks record: Fools 37 Million people. Again."

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]that exxon mobile makes me sick... 14 billion in net profit, but o no, gas has to be that high...[/citation]

No the real question is, how can they still only be making 9 to 11% profit margins. No matter what the price of gas is, somehow they fib the books and show only 10% profit despite the fact that it's impossible for refinery costs to double in two years like gas did.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]burmese_dude[/nom]Android for life here. Got no love for Apple but their HQ is in Cali, my state. So I guess that's good that they're profitable. No issue for me.[/citation]
Except they're weasels who will do anything to avoid taxes so in reality not much is put back into society. They just milk the American people and spend the money overseas

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]dietcreamsoda[/nom]This isn't surprising at all. I went from Android to an iPhone 4S and would never, ever, go back. Android devices and the OS itself looks and feels so shitty by comparison.[/citation]

Well.. Maybe you were just shit with your device?
Didn't know what to do with the superior OS or how to exploit it and customize it to your liking?

... Owned a cheap-ass phone? lol

austinhoffman

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
jesus christ apple is a BEASTT!!! i just learned If you stack every single dollar bill in Apple's $97 billion cash reserves, you would reach 6,583 miles into space...can you say EL-Ohhhh-EL?!!!! HAHAHA

pic/vid:
http://www.peeje.com/apple-stack-cash-213/

P.S. WOOT APPLE!!! 8=D

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Seems like allot of people looked at Androids momentum and thought that it was a legitimate comparison. This goes to show that it wasn't. It was only with 1 carrier at the time in the states and the Android devices where a distant second then. The same thing was bound to happen when the other carriers picked up the phone. According to Verizon the IPhone accounted for 55% of their Smart Phone sales in Q4. That is extremely strong sales performance and may only get stronger with the IPhone 5 coming this year with it being the last phone that Jobs actually worked on.

Say what you want but Apple has captured a good amount of mindshare out there. They have done a very good job on execution and their customer service keeps their users loyal. Very low attrition rates.

I like Android, I think Google has done a fantastic job with the OS and it has come a long way but Apple is also make great decisions with IPhone and there is no reason to believe that it will change in the near future. Is it perfect? No. but in terms of a Smart Phone "perfect" is subjective. People have preferences and educated buyers buy a device that meets their requirements but their are allot of users out there that don't even know what their requirements are and a device has to cater to that audience as well.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Star72[/nom]I'll take a phone where I can do something as simple as replace the battery.[/citation]

By that standard you have allot of options both smart and dumb. One thing to note though, out of all the Smart Phones available it is interesting that the one that you can't replace the batter in happens to have the best battery life. So take your pick on which feature you want more. Personally I would take the battery life.

leeashton

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I dont know about this, I work as the largest Mobile phone seller in NZ and AUS and our stats are FAR different, I think these ae massively inflated, We have seen a MASSIVE drop in iphone sales, Even to the point where we have considered not carrying the devices in stock because of the bad sales, the most Popuklar phone by 100 to 1 is the Samsung galaxy S2, and the Note taking off also.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Just be happy Apple is a great AMERICAN company. I just wish more electronic companies would manufacturer hardware in the US but it is more profitable to do it overseas.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Comparing an iPhone to a android phone is like comparing a Toyota Camry to a "German car." Stop trying to compare them, the sheep on either side will say anything to troll everyone into a flame fest (mine is easier to use, mines faster, mine has a bigger penis) get over yourselves, congratulations you have an opinion.

I prefer Android over iOS (yes its a preference, for me android is superior, but its not fact that android is superior), I like the ability to reinstall my operating system and tweak it to my hearts content. I like having the option of a keyboard, 3g and 4g, cdma, gsm, or lte, big screen little screen, wifi hotspot, usb tethering, flash video, multiple web browsers, samsung touchwis, moto blur, htc sense. etc..etc..etc.. I like options.

iOS is popular, it works well, has a thriving market, and a great ecosystem with interoperability between other devices, but it has its limitations. To each their own and congratulations on Apple for a bang up quarter. Now please spend some of that 100 billion and pay foxcon enough to properly care for their workers...

Status
Not open for further replies.