Apple Buys AuthenTec for $356 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
So bets for a lawsuit on any OTHER company that uses fingerprint readers - because this company has some obscure patents (that never should have been approved in the first place)??????

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller??

Th3pwn3r

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]Bri88[/nom]Just another thing for iCrap to use to sue others, watch you will see.[/citation]

Watch out, you'll get down voted by the Apple fanboys.

bri88

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
On no icrap fans, throw them back on the band wagon thats headed to sue land (posted from Asus transformer prime)

[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]This only means one thing: iFinger.[/citation]
The middle one I hope :)
In a serious note, I do hope Apple won't start a wave of lawsuits against companies that use technology from Authentec.
Watch out Samsung, Apple might already know that you rely on Authentec VPN security in Android smartphones and tablets.
The Apple is out to getcha

f-14

Distinguished
hmmm let apple develop the security into further and better integration than microsoft had, if it fails oh well even microsoft failed at it, if it's better and works great apple patents it, microsoft swoops in and buys apple and pretends to compete against itself while fixing 1 major security issue. :D

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Th3pwn3r[/nom]Watch out, you'll get down voted by the Apple fanboys.[/citation]

Apple buys another company, they are no different than if Cisco purchased this same company. However, I don't see Apple using this technology in their computers (at least not integrated). But for the other company, the investors are VERY VERY HAPPY... I would be too if another company thought highly of our work to buy us out.. At the end of the day those people just made over 350 millions dollars!

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Th3pwn3r[/nom]Watch out, you'll get down voted by the Apple fanboys.[/citation]

Apple fanboys don't come onto Tom's Hardware. You can probably guess why.

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]J Edgar Hoover and Apple now have something in common, a secret plan to fingerprint everyone in the USA without their permission[/citation]

Well they do have something in common they both dress in drag and talk like girls....

adarshv

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I recall Mythbuster busting an 'unbreakable' fingerprint security system with a glove...[/citation]

I think there was a photocopy of a finger in there somewhere... :)

G

They have shut down the Authentec Store and have stopped producing alot of the products. A good company going to be killed off by the iBorg !!

Status
Not open for further replies.