Apple Calls it Quits On MacWorld Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

malveaux

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Or,

Like many `expos', they realize than less and less people go to them because they can see it online, quicker, and better, and likely buy stuff online easier and cheaper than going to see the `new' stuff that is crowded by stinky people. So they figured, let's not waste the money & time since not enough people care anymore.

It's supply & demand. They have the supply. We don't have the demand.

Good move Apple.

Cheers,

ryaninomaha

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Or maybe it's just because they are not a computer company anymore and they know it. What use do they have for a "stodgy" computer show nowadays? It's all about the music player and cellphone business for them now. They primarily cater to the trendy young adult market, whom are more concerned with style over substance. And there are few things stylish about a computer show. I used to have a fond place in my heart for Apple and their "dare to be different" attitude but no more. Apple has lost it's soul.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I used to have a fond place in my heart for Apple and their "dare to be different" attitude but no more. Apple has lost it's soul.
Actually, it started going down hill when Steve Jobs went on a murdering spree to split it into Horcruxes, for the last decade Bill Gates has been slowly destroying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.