Apple Causes NAND Shortage in Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

perhaps notebooks with SSD's?
If they equip them with 64 or 128GB of Flash memory, it'd probably need quite an amount (as opposed to 4-32GB per Digital Audio player).

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
You would have to think that the bulk of the MP3/MP4 players have already been manufactured anticipating a big release week. Im inclined to think that its something else they are working on.

mavroxur

Distinguished
[citation][nom]snarfeck[/nom]FOR THE HORDE!!![/citation]

When it comes to Apple, I was thinking "For the Alliance" would've been more appropriate.

Horde would never use Apple.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
It seems to me that Apple Inc is trying to exchange dollar into flash modules expecting the US dollar to depreciate in near future. They will be selling iPods and other devices for a long time, and they are betting inflating dollar will cause stagnation and reduce purchasing power world wide.

Very smart move.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]r0x0r[/nom]Well considering Apple causes intelligence shortages everywhere else I'd say Taiwan got off easy.[/citation]
You poor poor windows freaks....

amabhy

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Surprising Apple didn't try to pay em off like in a certain other incident involving exploding phones...

*cough* ijob *cough*

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
c'mon crApple just used the insider info about that beating/suicide/alleged homicide to bend tiwanese arms into forking o\/er assets. haha.

but seriously, i hate crApple, and I won't buy any of their products, all their doing is dri\/ing up the cost of nand based de\/ices for the rest of the market. If it happens that they're using the chips too... so be it, it ser\/es two purposes.

G

@Starryman

These companies (all of them in the article) have already been convicted and fined for collusion 2-3 years ago. I would absolutely not be surprised if they were doing it again. I have to agree... that sounds like BS to raise prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS