Apple Claims "Plastic Perfected" With iPhone 5C

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bauer

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

you mad dad?

g-unit1111

Titan

If Tom's publishes an Apple article three times in a row, Beetlejuice appears. :lol:

lol, seriously, if you are an apple fan (or a fan of anyone/anything), you should be able to acknowledge that this is just stupid, bs marketing.
what is next, heavenly colorful plastic that will change the world forever??

wish i could attend some apple unveiling, so i could laugh so hard and have a field day

xroe

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

That is also, dare I say it, Genius.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
You guy's do know that this is the same polycarbonate that Nokia uses right? Not sure how you guys all of a sudden are having a problem with this. Nokia's phones are built like tanks. This phone actually has a steel ring around the inside of the of the polycarbonate.

Apple did not claim to invent plastic, but the claim that polycarbonate is the best plastic there is would pretty close to being fact if not completely fact. Nokia did a great job with it. The claim of plastic perfected more then likely relates to not just the fact that it is polycarbonate but also the way they are using it on the phone. How they use materials has always been Apple strong point anyway.

You guy's would not be happy unless Apple said nothing. Everyone markets their products and everyone feels their product is the best. The consumers validate company claims through their purchases.

Kroneous Maximus

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
I can't decide which is a lamer claim. Apple's claim to have perfected plastic or this writer's claim that, that claim belongs to Nokia! lol.....

Apparently Apple feigns ignorance of the fact they are most likely using a new form of Polycarbonate R&D'd at Cheil Chemical facilities recently. If not Infino Brand, then it's simply not in the same company as what Nokia is using. Yet they too.... deny that the resin formula originated in the labs of 60yr old Cheil Industries Chemical labs!

So who owns Cheil Chemical? Why.... it's merely one of the many subsidiaries under Samsung's vast Samsung Group's holdings or joint ventures they don't even claim to own for tax purposes. If you have near any model iPhone, you can even buy an App written by Cheil Industries available in Apple's App store! :DDD

That's right and here it is:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/3d-color-galaxy/id471842984?mt=8

This is an App that helps users pick a color that is also available in Samsung's Cheil Infino Brand PC (polycarbonate) used not only in the back of Samsung's own Galaxy Note 3's leather look more durable, thin, lightweight, high impact resistant, flame resistant, scratch resistant, flexible Space Age removable back cover, but the crystal clear vision of Bugatti's Veyron fastest convertible on the planet's removable polycarbonate roof!!! :D

So now here's some videos to educate you morons. Who simply don't realize just how vast the Samsung Group's influence and products really are:
http://www.samsungchemical.com/jsp/eng/pr_center/sm_pr_showroom.jsp

http://www.samsungchemical.com/jsp/eng/pr_center/sm_news_view.jsp?IDX=140

Samsung is the leader in Polycarbonate Plastic..... because they can afford to be with over 60yrs in the Industry along with all their other World Class and Most Innovative Division and sub Divisions! Oh.... and Electronics? That's only the one that's publicly held like Apple or Nokia. The rest includes perhaps 100's of joint ventures in everything from Oil and Gas to an Automobile Manufacturing! ;-P

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Even if Samsung did invent the stuff, I find their actual use of it to be meh. Simply put, the whole bloody Galaxy line feels flimsy to me, and they're far from the sturdiest phone out there. Apple didn't invent crap, nor did Nokia, but I daresay Nokia makes notably more solid plastic frames than Samsung. Good phone, but it's not leading the pack for having a durable build.

Status
Not open for further replies.