Apple Designer Jonathan Ive is Now a Knight Commander

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfej26

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
honour is "absolutely thrilling" and that he was "both humbled and sincerely grateful." described the honour as "absolutely thrilling" and said he was "both humbled and sincerely grateful".

Just thought I would bring that to your attention.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I think its obscene that someone who got PAID to do a job can 'earn' such an honor.
Seriously, he's already been compensated, why give additional credit and titles to the jerk who was co-responsible for the iPhone 4 antenna gate debacle?

G

Hey Sir Johny don't cuddle that Dentbook too much'cause it'll bend:p

G

a Knight Commander to do some technology job? I dont know about this. cool. when I first hear about the title I through maybe some kind of movie stars who works in apple to replace steven jobs.
apple is the prophets of technology. is not a religion. steven jobs is not dead. he just upgrade himself inside a supercomputer now. is some serious shit that he is watching you inside siri through the 4G network with your iphone cam. may the signal reception with you. amen

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Quote :
Ive, who first started working with Apple 20 years ago, in 1992, is credited with the unique design of the iPod, the iPhone, the iPad, and the iMac.

[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]
I'm wondering who's credited with their unique pricing ?[/citation]

Thanks, Now I realized I'm turning 20 this year LOL! :(

Back on topic.. This guy has his life made. :|

G

Hilarious: first sentence. Did not know apple designs their own employees!

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]"Hmmm... How about a ....square...with rounded edges! I've got it!""Well done, sir! Prepare to be knighted!"[/citation]
i agree...we need more rounded edges....the edges on the laptops are a little harsh

amstech

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Knights 2000 years ago got knighted for creative killing.
Now they get it for creative thinking.

Same thing right? :)

f-14

Distinguished
this clown is a do nothing sycophant.
the bob anderson who played darth vader for the light saber duels is more deserving and should over write this road apple sycophant's article.

Born Sept. 15, 1922, in Gosport, Hampshire, England, Anderson served with the British Royal Marines during World War II. He was on board the HMS Coventry in the Mediterranean when it was bombed, and he spent eight hours adrift before being rescued.

Anderson, who learned to fence while in the military, became a fencing champion in England after the war and represented Britain at the 1950 and 1953 world championships, as well as the 1952 Olympics.

Errol Flynn was already an experienced movie swordsman when Anderson coached him for "The Master of Ballantrae." The legendary actor was so impressed with Anderson that he insisted that he rejoin the production after the Olympics ended.

notice how many people in this list are 'Sir's' that he has trained
Ten days before Bob Anderson headed to the 1952 Olympic Games in Helsinki as part of the British fencing team, he responded to a call from a British film studio in need of three fencers to coach the lead actors for sword-fighting scenes in a new pirate movie.
The movie was "The Master of Ballantrae," starring veteran Hollywood swashbuckler Errol Flynn.
Over the decades, Anderson was the go-to sword master for films such as "Barry Lyndon," "Highlander," "The Princess Bride," "The Three Musketeers," "First Knight," "The Mask of Zorro," "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" and "The Lord of the Rings" films.

Among his famous pupils were Sean Connery, David Niven, Charlton Heston, Peter O'Toole, Roger Moore, Michael Caine, Mandy Patinkin, Richard Gere, Liv Tyler, Antonio Banderas, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Anthony Hopkins.
Anderson also doubled for David Prowse as Darth Vader during lightsaber duels in two "Star Wars" films — "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."

Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker, said in a 1983 interview with Starlog magazine that Anderson's doubling as Vader "was always supposed to be a secret, but I finally told George [Lucas] I didn't think it was fair anymore.

"Bob worked so bloody hard that he deserves some recognition. It's ridiculous to preserve the myth that it's all done by one man."
source:
By Dennis McLellan, Los Angeles Times

January 4, 2012
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-me-bob-anderson-20120104,0,4921007.story?track=rss

machvelocy

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]I think its obscene that someone who got PAID to do a job can 'earn' such an honor.Seriously, he's already been compensated, why give additional credit and titles to the jerk who was co-responsible for the iPhone 4 antenna gate debacle?[/citation]
many well-paid sportsman and scientists are also been knighted, its the global achievement in someone's work field that counts. surely you cant deny that apple products looked pretty, no matter how overpriced they were.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]machvelocy[/nom]many well-paid sportsman and scientists are also been knighted, its the global achievement in someone's work field that counts. surely you cant deny that apple products looked pretty, no matter how overpriced they were.[/citation]
Its obscene that they get titles as well. I live in Australia where every damn year on Australia Day we see overpaid sportsmen get the Order of Australia over more deserving people that have poured their whole lives into making this country and the world a better place. Occasionally one slips through and is rightfully awarded, but usually its someone who have already been compensated (extremely well) for what amounts to 'playing a game'. Its disgraceful, and a sad reflection on our society and values.

[citation][nom]ahnilated[/nom]
I guess that he doesn't believe in the constitution of the USA then. It states right in it that you WON'T accept any title like this.[/citation]
He isn't American, so it doesn't really matter.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Every time I hear someone get Knighted I think of the Monty Pyton (Holy Grail) quote, "you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." Love that movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.