Apple Drops iPod Touch and Nano Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arguggi

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Why the F**k should i have a camera on my Digital Audio Player? I would really prefer support to codecs like Ogg, Flac, Mpc ecc ecc.

naterandrews

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Peculiar. Apple typically does not include older versions of their products in their typical line up after a refresh. This makes me wonder if the new versions will just be minor refreshes with a camera, and thats it? Has Apple finally hit the peverbial brick wall with iPod advancements?

G

Not seeing this reflected anywhere yet... wonder how long it will take Amazon, etc. to ship them for even less...

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
They're probably trying to grab a little more market share before the Zune HD debuts next week and blows them out of the water.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
a camera is so retarded. arguggi is right. its a frigging music player. but a radio receiver on the ipod.

and these price points are retarded. only $30 difference between 16 and 32GB?

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Chances are your cell phone that was free and came with a camera will be more useful, convenient, and the cheaper deal. Although the iPhone camera imaging software is pretty cool to mess with. If the touch is anything like it, it may have a following for those that like to tinker and edit pictures and if it has the ability to take/edit movies like the iPhone 3s can.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
So the pricing on the NEW Ipod Touch will still be the same as the old pricing, presumably...That seems to indicate a doubling of capacity, as they usualy do either of the two.

I'm still going with the Zune HD.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
I am also going with the zune hd.

My old zune worked better with my HTPC than my ipod ever did. I sold my ipod after 2 weeks and bought an archos 5. I will be buying the zune hd as my 3 year old takes over my archos during air travel.

I will never buy another ipod.

davisorle

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]bigalfantasy2004[/nom]Given a choice I would purchase the new Zune HD.[/citation]
Same here. Ill get sick of getting another Ipod.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
Wow... The commentors so far no absolutely nothing except for a price drop and are ready to draw their lines. What are you guys, 12 years old?
(about the only excuse)

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
I know I would never buy a nano with a camera...I guess I could buy the iPod touch if I didnt want an iPhone...but at this point its bleh!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
They do this every year when they release new iPods. Price down the old ones to clear stock and make room for the new units. And I still can't believe people are bitching about a camera. I guarantee if the Zune HD had a camera it would be a nice feature well worth your time.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
I've never owned an ipod, although I've bought them for family and friends. I just dislike Apple immensely and the type of people who buy their stuff.

If the only diff btw. the old touch and new touch is a camera, that's idiotic. Everyone has a camera already on their cell phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.