Apple Faced With Protesters in Taipei

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightbladeXX

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2007
[citation][nom]ph3412b07[/nom]There's a fundamental difference people don't realize between the US and Taiwan. There are no unions to b!tch about everything, people are motivated to finish work by themselves. Just look at the difference in infrastructure. Workers in Taiwan get their projects done. It doesn't take 3 years to expand a major highway, its done in a few months.[/citation]

they (Taiwan) doesnt have our inefficient "red tape" to deal with, its not that we Americans wont work or finish our jobs

Here in the US we must file for 4000 permits to get anything done, so thats the only reason, and well OHSA, that it takes longer for us to upgrade our infrastructure

G

I usually am just a reader, but I'm sorry, I just had to comment that the title of this article is poor. I have no great love for Apple and I know the majority of people here are anti-apple, but this title really comes across slanted.

Out of curosity, I looked up Wintek, and they are one of the biggest suppliers of LCD's, touch panels and mobile phone panels worldwide. A couple other companies they provide parts for are Nokia and HTC; so, it would not just be Apple facing protesters.

theangrygimp

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
[citation][nom]thomasmagnum[/nom]I usually am just a reader, but I'm sorry, I just had to comment that the title of this article is poor. I have no great love for Apple and I know the majority of people here are anti-apple, but this title really comes across slanted.Out of curosity, I looked up Wintek, and they are one of the biggest suppliers of LCD's, touch panels and mobile phone panels worldwide. A couple other companies they provide parts for are Nokia and HTC; so, it would not just be Apple facing protesters.[/citation]

Read the article will ya.... Apple is the company being targeted by the protesters at this moment. They are probably pleading the case that these issues will affect apple if they don't take some sort of action on their behalf. If Apple doesn't respond, they will probably then move on to other companies that these issues will affect. Its most likely the stature of Apple that made them the first target, being the 2nd giant in the industry. If Microsoft bought anything these workers made, it would be MS getting pleaded with.

Its just common sense to notify the biggest entity that the situation affects to reinforce the severity of your argument. But then again, maybe we should call it "Rare Sense" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.