Apple Hires 'Wearable Technologies' Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
'without distracting the subject' is in the eyes of the beholder. I went to a lecture given by someone from the 'wearables' group at the MIT Media Lab. His bathing and grooming habits alone were enough to distract you, let alone his perverse pleasure at having total 'recall' of conversations from the far past and trying to lord it over people as a self-proclaimed superiority...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
iShades

Sunglasses with a built in iPod, but the glasses can also display video on the inside with the correct focal distance so it looks like an IMAX screen right next to your face

That would be cool

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]I really wish Apple would make a video game system. They'd sell like hotcakes regardless of the price and the competition would keep prices down. I'd like for someone to force 49.99 games. $60 is a lot of money. The next generation will probably be $75.[/citation]
Apple.
Games.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]I just want more than 2 real systems on the market.[/citation]
The Wii and the Xbox?
They are the 2 most popular and highest selling consoles...
By the way, aren't Sega games all over the Wii?

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Oh, and just another point before this thread becomes a crazy console arguement, since when is a console "wearable" technology.

Maybe an advancement of the Nike iPod thing, perhaps a brainwave control device to replace the mac mouse, how about a range of Apple branded clothing with a PAN in it?

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]iShadesSunglasses with a built in iPod, but the glasses can also display video on the inside with the correct focal distance so it looks like an IMAX screen right next to your faceThat would be cool[/citation]
That would be fun, if nothing else, just to watch people walking into walls while watching a video on them.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
iM puttin' on my top iHat
Tyin' up my white iTie
Brushin' off my iTails
I'm dudein' up my iShirt front
Puttin' in the iShirt iStuds
Polishin' my iNails

Irving Berlin would be spinning in his grave right now

dreamndrake

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Great Apple is going to flood the patent office with another flood of vague patents and sue anyone that comes close to duplicating it. Thus stifling another area of technology! Then release a mediocre product that will be touted as the best invention of the next century. Even though you can’t remove the battery or upgrade the memory!

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
[citation][nom]_cubase_[/nom]iBriefs... with the option to plug in your iPad for monthly updates.[/citation]
Change "updates" to "downloads" ;)

manitoublack

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]I really wish Apple would make a video game system. They'd sell like hotcakes regardless of the price[/citation]
They did (It was called Pipin)

and no it didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.