Apple Introduces A9, A9X SoCs For Its Most Powerful Mobile Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
From everything I have read they are looking to position the iPad Pro against the Surface Pro. The only problem is that the Surface Pro is vastly more work efficient. I had to set one up for the owner of the company, albeit the top end model, but man was it fast and smooth and with Windows 10 it makes it even better.

The other side is the cost of the peripherals. An extra $100 for the pen?.

I don;t think it is going to quite do what they want, to grab market share from the Surface Pro 3 in the enterprise market. Everyone I know who has an Apple PC and phone at home love their Surface Pro for use in work due to the ability to actually do the same work they would on their laptop or work desktop.

Another plus is that we in IT can secure the Surface Pro easily while controlling the iPad is much harder without some sort of third party software.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Cores, frequencies, benchmarks?
Or I can just be happy with the 64 bit info, that is useless for the phone and tablet generation it is intended for...

astroboy888

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015
@jimmysmitty

"Work" is a relative term. It depends on what work you are doing. Right tool for the right job.

The target market of Apple iPad Pro + Apple Pencil is the digital creative community; i.e., professional graphic designers, web designers, digital artists, architects ... etc. These are traditionally the core clients of Apple Platform. This solution is really designed for them in mind.

The key differentiators of the Apple's implementation is 1. 3D touch (taptic pressure) sensor on the screen of iPad. 2. Multiple accelerometer sensors in Apple Pencil. The result is an extremely accurate and responsive digital drawing device that responds to pressure, angle, and speed of hand movement. So the experience is as if you are writing or sketching on a piece of paper/canvas. The early feedback from graphic designers is that it is by far the most accurate and responsive system on the market - even better than $3000 Wacom graphics entry system.

Though technically viable, Apple is still not releasing full blown MacOS on its tablet devices, but I think those days are coming soon.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Cores, frequencies, benchmarks?
Or I can just be happy with the 64 bit info, that is useless for the phone and tablet generation it is intended for...

Funny you should say that since I have several iOS Apps that take specific advantage of the 64bit processor, and are capable of performing tasks Android (for example) can't do. Most Apps don't need the extra power, but for those that do at least it's there.

Bignaz1

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015
Proof? Oh wait you can't because your just a butt hurt apple fanboy.

I have 64bit android apps. I also can multi task. Can you? Oh wait you can't. In fact I'm posting at his with another window open for my GPS. On a 4k display. By the way welcome to 720p and 1080p your only 2+ years behind now so yay. I'll go home and I'll wirelessly charge my phone.

But if I ever feel like using a iPhone 6. I'll just grab my old droid DNA lock it down then use that.

PS just wait till you guys get around 2gigs of ram. You might be able to multask on the iPhone 7. And who knows. Wireless charging on the iPhone 8? But that might be to soon.

Funny the of iPhone was all cutting edge. Now the phones are just outdated at the time of there planning and are just trendy jokes of a phone. And that is why they are losing market share and are desperately trying to copy Samsung to gain a footing. But they will end up like blackberry.

What Android phone do you have, Bignaz1? Go f*** your s*** with the Samsung crap. The only one manufacturer who can say that Apple copied their jack**** this time is Motorola. Why? No other manufacturers but Motorola and Apple came up with the voice recognition when device is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.