Apple Issues FAQ, Refunds for Final Cut Pro X Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddysanchez

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
They sure did screw final cut up! I reverted back quick all they did to the customers is screw things up =/ ugh what a pain in the a$$!!!

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
Apple issuing refund? The apple sure falls far from the tree. This is not the Apple we all know! Do the classic Apple style, to users, "You're using it wrong!"

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]3:30am? Someone's burning the midnight oil there at THG...lol[/citation]
Jane is having a sleepless night

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]alikum[/nom]Jane is having a sleepless night[/citation]
Isn't she in Ireland or something crazy like that?

And being in the broadcast industry, I get to use Final Cut Pro all the time. The new version is essentially a version 1.0 product since Apple re-wrote the entire program from the ground up. So given that, it doesn't bother me. I'm willing to bet that given a year or so, most of the missing features will return.

I will say that they should have AT LEAST put a "features removed" list on their website, just to be sure they are not misleading customers, especially since most of their customers don't understands what it means to completely re-write a program as big as Final Cut Pro.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Isn't she in Ireland or something crazy like that?And being in the broadcast industry, I get to use Final Cut Pro all the time. The new version is essentially a version 1.0 product since Apple re-wrote the entire program from the ground up. So given that, it doesn't bother me. I'm willing to bet that given a year or so, most of the missing features will return.I will say that they should have AT LEAST put a "features removed" list on their website, just to be sure they are not misleading customers, especially since most of their customers don't understands what it means to completely re-write a program as big as Final Cut Pro.[/citation]

if it was a complete overhaul, they should have made damn sure to tell people that. when they released it, it should have had EVERYTHING or come with a list of what you can no longer do, and what they plan to put back in.

and finaly, they should have made it clear SEVERAL times that you can not import without loosing crap or needing to redo crap.

apple batched the launch, and kudos to them for admitting it in a non condescending "let me show you how its done" fashion, that is the first in many steps they need to take to be a respectable company.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]I will say that they should have AT LEAST put a "features removed" list on their website, just to be sure they are not misleading customers,[/citation]
Its never stopped them in the past when they've royally screwed things up and then blatantly misled customers about it. Its just in the past all of the apple-drones would immediately leap to apple's defense.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
Just becuase there is a new version of the software, does not mean its better, nor should people be so eager to upgrade.Sometimes upgrades are the woarse thing you can do, as its a pain in the ass to revert to the older version and top of that it costs $$$ to get f...d around. Wate of time in the end. I am very cautious as I been screwed a few times in the past.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
I usually wait atleast 6 months after a software title has been out before I upgrade to it, that way I know what I am getting involved in.

G

Apple, get smart. Have Adobe buy FCP, after the shock, everyone and everything will be much better.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]stratplaya[/nom]Does Apple not offer a trial version? Adobe has been doing that for years.[/citation]
I thought thats what torrents were for :)

G

Apple is the most arrogant soulless company in the history of computers. They have screwed over thousands of students whose curriculums are based on FCP 7. They gave no notice and everyone you call at Apple is a brain dead coward who passes you on to the next brain dead coward etc etc. Steven Jobs should be ashamed of what Apple has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.