Question Apple keyboard similar keyboard

Apr 12, 2024
hi,
I have this Apple USB keyboard:
apple.jpg

I like it because it is silent and aesthetically beautiful. But now it's broken and I have to replace it, but I don't want to spend over €100 on an Apple keyboard. so I ask you: what is the most similar keyboard to the Apple one, both in terms of silence and aesthetics and which doesn't cost too much??

Ralston18

Titan
Regarding "what is most similar" - that is subjective? One keyboard may be more silent but not as aesthetic.

Or vice versa. What tradeoffs are you willing to make?

How firm is the €100 budget limit?

Are you willing, perhaps, to purchase a used Apple keyboard?

What sellers are available to you? Any local sellers where you live (not asking) and could return the keyboard if there is a problem.

Versus purchasing online and waiting for delivery - which could end up adding costs.

I did a quick Google for "Apple keyboards" with the search criteria being "the last year".

Found quite a number of keyboards: are there any keyboard makes and models that you have already rejected/eliminated?

Or any other keyboards that you liked but could not purchase because of cost or other factors?
Keyboards by their very nature are "subjective" so what I might like you would not like. And, again, vice versa.

Apr 12, 2024
I don't want to buy Apple keyboards anymore because they break easily, if you search on Google it's full of people saying that some keys have stopped working and it's impossible to repair.

I would like a USB keyboard (not wireless) for €30.
From the videos seen on YouTube the Dell KB216 seems silent and I also like it aesthetically.
it's good?

I am neither a gamer nor a programmer nor a novel writer.
I just want a quiet, cheap keyboard

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
I don't want to buy Apple keyboards anymore because they break easily, if you search on Google it's full of people saying that some keys have stopped working and it's impossible to repair.

I would like a USB keyboard (not wireless) for €30.
From the videos seen on YouTube the Dell KB216 seems silent and I also like it aesthetically.
it's good?

I am neither a gamer nor a programmer nor a novel writer.
I just want a quiet, cheap keyboard
Any chiclet keyboard should meet your criteria then. Logitech MK360, HP 230, and your aforementioned Dell. There are stacks of generic Magic Keyboard chiclet clones on Amazon.

Apr 12, 2024
Any chiclet keyboard should meet your criteria then. Logitech MK360, HP 230, and your aforementioned Dell. There are stacks of generic Magic Keyboard chiclet clones on Amazon.

These are the cheapest Apple-like wired keyboards I've found:

dell.jpg

Dell KB216 - 30€

cherry.jpg

Cherry KC 6000 - 37€

hp150.jpg

HP 150 - 15€

hp320k.jpg

HP 320K - 23€

m.jpg

Mobility Lab ML311890 - 22€
--------------------------------------------

I have tried Dell KB216 and HP 320K.

I don't like the Dell KB216 for several reasons: it's not very quiet (obviously it's quieter than mechanical keyboards, but louder than laptop keyboards). It is unpleasant to the touch, the keys feel spongy. there is too much space between the keys (5mm) and the key travel is too long because the keys are 3mm deep. it is light and gives a feeling of cheapness.

The HP 320K is quieter than Dell, but not as silent as Apple. the spacebar makes a nice sound. It is heavier than the Dell and gives a feeling of robustness and quality. Aesthetically it is practically a clone of the Apple, the dimensions are the same (42,5cm x 11,2cm). i like it. There are several negative reviews on Amazon where they say the buttons are stuck but so far it's working well for me.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024
For a budget-friendly alternative to the Apple keyboard that offers similar silence and aesthetics, consider the Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard. It features a sleek design, quiet keys, and compatibility with Apple devices. Plus, its solar-powered operation eliminates the need for battery replacements, making it both eco-friendly and cost-effective.

Last edited:
Reactions: anabasis