Apple Launches New Mac Mini, Shipping Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

yialanliu

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
For a server, 2 1TB sounds okay to me and I think to most people...

It's funny how people bash Apple but you have to give them credit for making SSD more mainstream. I mean prior to Apple, who really pushed mainstream SSD? You don't have to like Apple, but give credit where it is due.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]yialanliu[/nom]It's funny how people bash Apple but you have to give them credit for making SSD more mainstream. I mean prior to Apple, who really pushed mainstream SSD? You don't have to like Apple, but give credit where it is due.[/citation]
So the large number of manufacturers that pushed SSDs a lot earlier than Apple don't deserve the credit?

gfair

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]So the large number of manufacturers that pushed SSDs a lot earlier than Apple don't deserve the credit?[/citation]

Vladislaus - evidence, or it didn't happen. Just bear in mind - he's talking about companies incorporating SSDs into their products, not companies manufacturing SSDs and hobbists making use of them.

panini

Honorable
May 7, 2012
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]So the large number of manufacturers that pushed SSDs a lot earlier than Apple don't deserve the credit?[/citation]

Like who? Out of the major product manufacturers (Dell, Lenovo, HP, Samsung, etc.) Apple was actually the first to really push on SSD (macbook air) and removal of the optical drive.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]panini[/nom]Like who? Out of the major product manufacturers (Dell, Lenovo, HP, Samsung, etc.) Apple was actually the first to really push on SSD (macbook air) and removal of the optical drive.[/citation]

You do know the optical drives isn't the same thing as a hard drive right?

I do realize you are a Apple Cultists so knowing such basic details about computers would be hard for you.

hackztor

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
No instead they are pushing the ios into mac. What is the difference?

"Say what you want about iCrap, at least they're not pushing a smartphone UI on their computers."

G

"Apple was actually the first to really push on SSD (macbook air) and removal of the optical drive."

Removing the optical drive is a terrible thing. I can't imagine owning a computer without an optical drive. Premade computers like Apple, or even Dell/Gateway/etc use substandard parts. I imagine the SSDs they use are also substandard. I'd rather have a good magnetic drive, than a low grade SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.