Apple Manager Stashed $150,000 in Shoeboxes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he just needs to sit tight and don't let anyone on to where he has the rest of his money squirreled away. People are just trying to scare him to hand it all over, ~THEN~ they'll throw him in jail using his own money as evidence against him. Best thing to do is deny you have knowledge of anything, get really good lawyers, preferably new ones and wait it out. Most convictions are gotten with things you accidentally tell investigators.

ceteras

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
[citation][nom]kerbe360[/nom]Greed... its whats for dinner. I only wonder who gets all this stashed money? He didnt steal from Apple just saw an opportunity to make even more money.[/citation]

I bet for every dollar he made from the suppliers, Apple lost a lot more from paying higher bids for the contracts.

chaoski

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]Last time I checked the mac was also a PC? (personal computer)[/citation]

No it isn't. Apple is an VERY overpriced PC.

;)

pcfxer

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Sooo the US can invade your house, tap your phone, out-right invade your life for "terrorism defence" but a safety deposit box? OH NOOOOOOESSS!!?!?

Terrorism loophole: Safety deposit boxes.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I dont care any thing about Apples involvement, but I do think that the judge is simply hoping to get this guy to throw himself under the bus for them. Sounds like hes hoping he'll give them all the evidence so he can make bail, and having obtained it without a warrant. Sounds like government BS to me.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
He got the money from the foxconn workers who were pushed to suicide due to the working conditions making Iphones for all the appleoids... why pay the saleries to dead people when you can keep em!

dstigue

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]Be0wulf22[/nom]Right...because people in the PC market would never do something like this.[/citation]

Actually they can't do this because there is so much competition. And no one cares that much. It's the walled Garden thing that is creating this situation. I really don't care either way. They make a nice product that people like. I have an Android phone myself but they started it all. So even you apple haters have to give some credit.

Xenophage

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
I don't understand what he did that was illegal. Sounds more like a fireable offense than a crime. Did he breach any contracts? Is it a felony? How can he be held in custody? Did he go to trial? Is he awaiting trial?

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
150k in shoeboxes? That's insanity. Everyone knows you have to diversify your portfolio, he should have put 50k in shoeboxes, 50k in his mattress and buried 50k in his back yard.

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Surely this guy will be happy to stay stum and not say a word, 150k in shoeboxes must be the tip of the iceberg, and he's hardly going to maximum security. When the avg wage is less than 60k, I'll take free accommodation and food for a year or two for an early retirement any day of the week. The guy's a modern day Conan the Barbarian, sticking it to the man!

G

@XD_dued Me too lol. I was like "wow, so Apple's making iShoes now?" =P

chase_tm

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
An iconic example of how far the apple fell from the tree, then again, Apple leeches off of all its "loyal fans" so we can be sure this particular apple came from the original tree.

Hehehehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.