Apple Now Selling OS X Lion on $69 USB Stick

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]MrBig55[/nom]You meant a digital copy of OS X and not actual retail. Do you have the manual and box for Lion? Of course not...But if the church told you to jump over the bridge you probably wouldn't do it, but if Apple's religion told you to do so you probably would. Make me laugh...[/citation]
Valid point but I haven't bought an operating system on an actual disk, Win or Mac, since Windows 2000, so getting a box and a manual is less important to me as it is to some people I suppose.

But, now that Apple's version of "retail disk" is now a USB drive, I guess we can consider the $69 the retail price for Lion. Even then, the OS upgrades for Windows is still a good $300 more than it is for Mac.

And I am by no means a part of this "Apple religion", I simply use their laptops, and their operating system. Never owned an iPod, and feel no need to get an iPhone, iPad, iMac, Mac Mini, etc. etc. All I'm saying is that, in the long run, I found it was about the same price to own an Apple laptop than it is to own a comparable Windows-based laptop.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]except that Apple releases "UPDATES" every year while a MS OS will last at least 5+ years ... sometimes 10. Look at XP.or are you too stupid to understand this ?[/citation]

Well, I just updated 10 Macs and created two USB Lion install sticks in my household for $29.99 total.

Status
Not open for further replies.