Apple Partner Thought It Was Paying for Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamthony

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Who wouldn't take the money? What info? "Yea were still sellin glots of Iphones. Also, amerians like headphones so keep them coming." I could have been the kickback guy! Blast!

frye

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
[citation][nom]slipdisc[/nom]$1 million is a "small consulting fee"?[/citation]

Supposedly there's like 10 different companies involved, so its not just them.

70camaross396

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
thats ok, Pegatron probably sub contrated the manufacture of the Apple ear buds to the and even lower bidder, who made them out of melamine and lead based paint.... all you Ipod lovers are getting ear cancer now!

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Bribery happens worldwide. It sucks, but its there.

The only difference is that the US has found ways to hide bribes better. Instead of money in an envelope or kickbacks, its being hired for consulting jobs later on (for politicians), free business favors (for the dumb politicians).

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
I know it's probably just my dyslexia but I keep reading "medieval manager" and think to myself, "that's effing hardcore."

m-manla

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Wow. This has been know for a few days now and still no comment from Steve Jobs!!!??? Something is definitely fishy.

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]M-ManLA[/nom]Wow. This has been know for a few days now and still no comment from Steve Jobs!!!??? Something is definitely fishy.[/citation]

There was word, the gentleman was fired. If that isn't word enough for you, I don't know what is.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]ares1214[/nom]Apple doing bad business...anybody surprised? Is this really new news?[/citation]

It's not news to us, but I doubt it'll make it out to the Apple-pandering mainstream media.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]assmar[/nom]I know it's probably just my dyslexia but I keep reading "medieval manager" and think to myself, "that's effing hardcore."[/citation]
I read medieval too! LOL! Does he wear armour to work?

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
[citation][nom]frye[/nom]Supposedly there's like 10 different companies involved, so its not just them.[/citation]
Okay so 100,000[citation][nom]assmar[/nom]I know it's probably just my dyslexia but I keep reading "medieval manager" and think to myself, "that's effing hardcore."[/citation]
hahah. i saw that too.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
"Cresyn, the company that supplies Apple with ear phones for its devices, admitted to working with Devine but said they were paying him as a consultant."

They need there money back on that consultanting fee because the ear phones SUCK!

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]slipdisc[/nom]$1 million is a "small consulting fee"?[/citation]
Welcome to the world of consulting. Companies and government agencies will pay ridiculous amounts to be consulted about the stupidest things. Consulting is a huge racket.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Welcome to the world of consulting. Companies and government agencies will pay ridiculous amounts to be consulted about the stupidest things. Consulting is a huge racket.[/citation]
Man I need to get into this consulting gig, seems like a big money maker for little work.

Status
Not open for further replies.