Apple Patent Talks Slap Wrap Bracelets with Flexible Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]guru_urug[/nom]Where u gonna get your flexible displays from Apple, Samsung ???? LOL ![/citation]

Likely so. Samsung has actually produced prototypes of flexible displays, and they will be protective of their research. There will be quite a few related licenses that will have to be purchased by Apple from Samsung if they want to do this watch.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Maybe the bracelet will come with a free pair of fat neon shoe strings for the boys, three pairs of neon scrunchy socks for the girls. For an extra $10, a pair of parachute pants.

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I am hard at work patenting the suppository with a flexible screen so the can see what's up on their iphone while keeping their head up their ass.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
I see where this is going.

Typewriter -> Computer -> Laptop -> Smartphone -> Smartwatch -> Chip Implant

I'll go as far as Smartwatch (as long as it's not Apple) and no further.

thefiend1

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Looks like Apple is going to be the main supplier for prizes you get when you turn in your tickets from the local Chucky Cheeses ;)

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Pherule[/nom]I see where this is going.Typewriter -> Computer -> Laptop -> Smartphone -> Smartwatch -> Chip ImplantI'll go as far as Smartwatch (as long as it's not Apple) and no further.[/citation]
I personally think that Smart Glasses (Google Glasses) needs to fit in there somewhere.

anfunny

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]I personally think that Smart Glasses (Google Glasses) needs to fit in there somewhere.[/citation]

I think the glasses and the watches will have amazing connectivity and not be separate entities. I don't know about other people that wear normal glasses, but I hate having something too heavy on my face (I get the most expensive lenses for that reason alone). The watch would be a good place to put the hardware for the device and a great input device for it as well even while still being on the wrist.

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
A SLAP BRACELET?! This has got to be a joke.

...and Apple fans wonder why us investors are wary about the company. First there was the shoe patent, now SLAP BRACELETS?! What's next, color changing markers that run iOS? Digital Puffy Paint?

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]guru_urug[/nom]Where u gonna get your flexible displays from Apple, Samsung ???? LOL ![/citation]
Samsung advertises flex screens in the media but is not only display company that can make them ;) I fully expect Samsung to be first to market with next gen smart watch in efforts to step on Apple so I doubt Apple will work with Samsung. But is a possibility since Samsung is kick ass when it comes to manufacturing.

Amen2That

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
I had a similar idea, inspired by science fiction, when I saw the first bendable displays. The main difference is that my own idea adds rails, running along the 2 sides composed of a meta material that stiffens when current is passed through it to act as a frame, so it can also be used as a tablet.

eijiyuki

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
I should start coming up with random ideas and make power point slides of these ideas and then go patent them and then also trade mark every known word in the dictionary after the letter "i"

eijiyuki

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
oh and to add .. while not even bothering with prototyping any of these ideas or workin on them because when some other company comes out with the actual device I'd just sue them

Status
Not open for further replies.