Apple Patents Plastic iPhone Without Home Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I don't get it. What's happening? Did I die and end up in hell already?

ratcatcher

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Wow. How do Apple get "patents" for existing ideas? A "protective cover for small form factor electronics" pretty much covers every after market case available. Apple have corrupted the USPTO and the patent process.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]aodfan[/nom]No home button? Looks like an Android now...time to sue Apple.[/citation]

Apple patented the design. Now Apple fanboys can claim that Android Phones copied the iPhone.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
With all this patenting going on, I might patent a hexagonal burger design.
No practicality for patenting it, but can be done. Just like this patent by Apple.

[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]With all this patenting going on, I might patent a hexagonal burger design.No practicality for patenting it, but can be done. Just like this patent by Apple.[/citation]

I don't think that's a fair comparison. I'd actually order a hexagonal burger....

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]virgie1taylor[/nom]Bentley. I agree that Kathleen`s blurb is amazing... last wednesday I bought a gorgeous Dodge from having made $9549 this past 5 weeks and in excess of 10/k last month. it's by-far the most financialy rewarding Ive had. I started this 3 months ago and right away started making minimum $78, per-hr. I follow this great link, http://Bing30.com[/citation]

Shut up ffs.

wardoc22

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
[citation][nom]virgie1taylor[/nom]Bentley. I agree that Kathleen`s blurb is amazing... last wednesday I bought a gorgeous Dodge from having made $9549 this past 5 weeks and in excess of 10/k last month. it's by-far the most financialy rewarding Ive had. I started this 3 months ago and right away started making minimum $78, per-hr. I follow this great link, http://Bing30.com[/citation]

Someone is a whore

balev

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Google should patent the use of the names of fruits and vegetables after the name of a product.[/citation]
That is a really good idea.

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]ankit0x1[/nom]hell....now m going to patent posting in toms[/citation]
Too bad, user123917648 already patented that.
I was going to patent replying to a post, but that was also already patented by some sneaky bastard. I have to pay the royalty now because I just replied.

nix327

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

Why are annoying posts like these not removed? Otherwise they'll just keep posting stuff like this.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Wow. First you patent an Iphone with one button. then you patent iphone with no buttons. This is just so wrong. What's so innovative about having one button or no buttons?? It is just a matter of design. It shouldn't be allowed to patent just like the rubbish squares with round edge.

clintwilks

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
one additional funny thing is this pos is going to be eaten up by the masses who still just want to be able to say "i have an iphone"

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]ratcatcher[/nom]Wow. How do Apple get "patents" for existing ideas? A "protective cover for small form factor electronics" pretty much covers every after market case available. Apple have corrupted the USPTO and the patent process.[/citation]
Patents have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH INVENTING ANYTHING.
Patents go to the first to file for a patent... that's all you info you need to know that the patent system is absurdly corrupted.

the whole "preexisting art cannot be patented" idea is completely bogus because preexisting art is patented EVERY DAY. Now let's say you invented some "preexisting art" 10 years ago and apple patented it... do you have enough money to beat apple in the court system... NOPE. You're f*****!!

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]Patents have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH INVENTING ANYTHING.Patents go to the first to file for a patent... that's all you info you need to know that the patent system is absurdly corrupted.the whole "preexisting art cannot be patented" idea is completely bogus because preexisting art is patented EVERY DAY. Now let's say you invented some "preexisting art" 10 years ago and apple patented it... do you have enough money to beat apple in the court system... NOPE. You're f*****!![/citation]

Its first to invent in the US and first to file for the rest of the world. Go study an IP law book

Status
Not open for further replies.