Apple Provides Beautiful Renderings for 'Spaceship' Campus

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nurgletheunclean

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
Another design Apple steals and calls their own. Jacque Fresco published these same designs decades ago. http://www.thevenusproject.com/
And still the Apple version looks like a cheap knock off.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]This is old, why is it being posted again?[/citation]
Someone already posted that this was posted a while ago and asked why it was news today... so why are you doing that same thing a few comments later?

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Apple again shows lack of respect for the environment. First by producing devices with no user replaceable parts, now by artificially enclosing a park and all animals in it in a grotesque metal nightmare that makes Apple's locked down coffin-phones look like a paradise by comparison. When is Apple going to grow up and respect nature? Apple has to realize that design should contribute to environmental sustainability, not land squarely against it.

clivene09

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
I have no love for apple, but did you miss the part where the area where they are building this is basically a former HP industrial complex?
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Apple again shows lack of respect for the environment. First by producing devices with no user replaceable parts, now by artificially enclosing a park and all animals in it in a grotesque metal nightmare that makes Apple's locked down coffin-phones look like a paradise by comparison. When is Apple going to grow up and respect nature? Apple has to realize that design should contribute to environmental sustainability, not land squarely against it.[/citation]

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
LOL - pictures of a freaking Apple campus generate two pages worth of comments. Based on the hits Apple related articles generate I'm surprised Tom's hasn't gone all Apple.

juxtaposer

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Will the shiny glass courtyard walls concentrate sunshine into warm spots? (Mental image: a red-uniformed crewman walks into the courtyard and gets vaporized. ;)

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Scorpio: "Here Homer, hang my coat on the wall"
*Homer looks around confused*
Scorpio: "Ha, only kidding! There are no walls! In fact, I didn't even give you my coat!"

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
i bet 10 bucks its going to be the hipster mecca where all i sheep are required to make a trip at least once a year and buy expensive crap.

peanut_bully

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]Geez! That an awful lot of glass walls.[/citation]

They don't have the patent for windows...

But seriously, it looks awesome compared to the cramped cubicle in which I work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.