Apple Ranked 2nd in U.S. Mobile Market for First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Isn't this essentially the same as: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/iPhone-5-Apple-Android-Google,19342.html?

Reads the same to me: Apple in the top in US by thin margin, not as good internationally.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]john15v16[/nom]"Google's Android remains the dominant platform"...says Zak with tears in his eye's...[/citation]

Lol. He probably cringe as he wrote 'Google's Android remains the dominant platform'

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]dark_knight33[/nom]Isn't this essentially the same as: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/i [...] 9342.html? Reads the same to me: Apple in the top in US by thin margin, not as good internationally.[/citation]
Actually both reports are contradictory. In this one Apple has a market share of 34.3% while Android has 53.6%. In the other report Apple has market share of 48.1% and Android has 46.7%. Go figure!

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]john15v16[/nom]"Google's Android remains the dominant platform"...says Zak with tears in his eye's...[/citation]
Better be tears of joy

educationl

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
I could never understood the nerd rage against Apple from PC fans. IBM lost, get over it.

The PC is not what it used to be. Its programmers are worthless. Every piece of software if crap, made by someone who obviously won't be using it and hated working on it.

Just like the war on drugs is an affirmative action employment program for conservatives, the PC is a jobs program for talentless techies. An inferior platform riddled with flaws to drive a repair and upgrade market. No different than what the automobile industry is today.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Wait... so what I'm gathering here is that this article is pointing out that Apple has moved UP to 2nd place? Why is it that Zak feels the need to tell us something so fan-boyish? Are you going to start posting an article if Nokia moves up a spot?

At first I thought this article was about Apple moving down from 1st place to 2nd, then the more I read it became clear that the article was in fact a giddy Zak news flash because his baby Apple moved UP to 2nd place.

This is just ridiculous.

phexac

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]deftonian[/nom]Wait... so what I'm gathering here is that this article is pointing out that Apple has moved UP to 2nd place? Why is it that Zak feels the need to tell us something so fan-boyish? Are you going to start posting an article if Nokia moves up a spot?At first I thought this article was about Apple moving down from 1st place to 2nd, then the more I read it became clear that the article was in fact a giddy Zak news flash because his baby Apple moved UP to 2nd place.This is just ridiculous.[/citation]

So you are happy to read about Apple moving down a spot, but not up a spot, and Zak is the fanboy here?

Skeete_UK

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
Zak is quickly becoming the laughing stock of the journalistic world with his poorly worded, poorly researched articles which are so clearly bias by his religious fever over Apple that they are almost like sermons.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
You know, I was expecting it from moving from 1st to 2nd from the word of the title.

If ever there was non news it's someone taking 2nd place.

So the REAL story then is, no one can do anything to stop samsung. But ofcourse we have a 'reporter' fawning over Apple.

[citation][nom]educationl[/nom]I could never understood the nerd rage against Apple from PC fans. IBM lost, get over it.The PC is not what it used to be. Its programmers are worthless. Every piece of software if crap, made by someone who obviously won't be using it and hated working on it.Just like the war on drugs is an affirmative action employment program for conservatives, the PC is a jobs program for talentless techies. An inferior platform riddled with flaws to drive a repair and upgrade market. No different than what the automobile industry is today.[/citation]
Dafuq did I just read? :heink:

Skeete_UK

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
[citation][nom]blankzr[/nom]When apple switched to intel didn't it essentially become a pc...with its own operating system?[/citation]

Kind of, But Apple being apple they locked their OS to Apple specific hardware, if Microsoft tried this there would be antitrust lawsuits all over the place. You can only install OSx if you really have some patience and are prepared to fiddle. Quite frankly I think Apple's behaviour is an afront to business ethics.

blankzr

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
I agree with you completely, I was just responding to educationl saying the pc lost lol. It seems like apple realized that the pc was the right way and switched over.

Status
Not open for further replies.