Apple Releases iOS 6.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
"Updates are available"

Case 1: Apple user on a Windows computer: "OMG BOTHERSOME UPDATES, cancel NOW, you piece of $#!^!!!"

Case 2: Apple user on a Mac/iDevice: "OMG AWESOME, UPDATE! They fixed bugs etc."

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"integrate Apple's new Maps service in third-party apps"

Yeah, if I am an App developer that is exactly a feature I want, integrate the Apple maps into my new App. :)

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]"Updates are available"Case 1: Apple user on a Windows computer: "OMG BOTHERSOME UPDATES, cancel NOW, you piece of $#!^!!!"Case 2: Apple user on a Mac/iDevice: "OMG AWESOME, UPDATE! They fixed bugs etc."[/citation]

The difference being that windows will bug you over and over and over again until it's updated and then it takes like an hour to update them, and there's about 9 million of them at once, and on top of that once they're installed it will continue with pop ups that automatically restart your machine unless you click remind me again in x hours.

On ios you go to a menu to check for updates and if you don't want it you don't click install, and then you never again hear about it ever, and if you do it takes about 5 minutes to install and only happens once a month.

PepiX

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]On ios you go to a menu to check for updates and if you don't want it you don't click install, and then you never again hear about it ever, and if you do it takes about 5 minutes to install and only happens once a month.[/citation]

It would be nice if you had commented things you know about.. you can hide updates in Win as well..

Thelol100

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]The difference being that windows will bug you over and over and over again until it's updated and then it takes like an hour to update them, and there's about 9 million of them at once, and on top of that once they're installed it will continue with pop ups that automatically restart your machine unless you click remind me again in x hours.On ios you go to a menu to check for updates and if you don't want it you don't click install, and then you never again hear about it ever, and if you do it takes about 5 minutes to install and only happens once a month.[/citation]

What are you talking about? It doesen't take hours to update windows, and it's not millions of them every month. Sure, there's a lot if you do a fresh install without any of the service-packs, but I haven't installed an update for w7 in months o_O There are many different perimeters you can set aswell, from autoupdate, confirm to update and completely manual. And you can choose which of the updates you want to install.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
facebook sucks so I could care less....I love the fact that I am the one to decide to install it or not to install it, unlike most Android phones....APPLE is actually listening ......thanks for not including bloatware

[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]The difference being that windows will bug you over and over and over again until it's updated and then it takes like an hour to update them, and there's about 9 million of them at once, and on top of that once they're installed it will continue with pop ups that automatically restart your machine unless you click remind me again in x hours.On ios you go to a menu to check for updates and if you don't want it you don't click install, and then you never again hear about it ever, and if you do it takes about 5 minutes to install and only happens once a month.[/citation]
Just stick to what you know, buddy... don't look/sound like a fool.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Keep in mind, an iOS update happens on flash memory. Most Windows computers sill use hard drives. Windows computers with SSD memory tend to update VERY quickly...

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Ignorance is bliss.

biggiebody

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
[citation][nom]Thelol100[/nom]What are you talking about? It doesen't take hours to update windows, and it's not millions of them every month. Sure, there's a lot if you do a fresh install without any of the service-packs, but I haven't installed an update for w7 in months o_O There are many different perimeters you can set aswell, from autoupdate, confirm to update and completely manual. And you can choose which of the updates you want to install.[/citation]
you can turn off automatic updates in Windows and you can choose which update you want to install.....

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Keep in mind, an iOS update happens on flash memory. Most Windows computers sill use hard drives. Windows computers with SSD memory tend to update VERY quickly...[/citation]

but god help you if you have a hdd, and a windows install that is over a year old.
have yet to have one update on my brothers computer that didnt take at least 1 hour to update

granted i also dont update if something isnt broken.
used a computers a long time and follow the if it aint broke dont fix it.

to many times has an update broken things that weren't broke to begin with.

G

I don't understand what some of these posters are talking about...an HOUR to update windows???!! That doesnt sound like it's the fault of windows but more like there's something wrong with the computer itself..or the user. One of my desktops is 2 yrs. old and my updates are always fast but maybe because I update on a regular basis. If you only update once or twice a year of course it'll take 4ever to install updates. Another reason for the long time is it maybe that person's internet connection/speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.