News Apple Reseller Lists Mac Mini With M2 CPU, Mac Mini Tower

Sippincider

Reputable
Apr 21, 2020
Wouldn't the cost of the chip itself, push an M2 mini into Mac Studio pricing?

Second, 8GB on a 2022-issue machine would be an insult. Minimum 16. If I want to cut corners I'll get a store-spec PC.

Third, release a 32" iMac and take my money. Not having at least a 28" AIO is a pretty glaring gap in the lineup.

Reactions: Rdslw

Findecanor

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
That a retailer enters a rumoured product into their catalogue is not that unusual.

The purpose is often to allow customers to sign-up for an email notification when actual info about the product is available.

Jun 6, 2022
Just one point on your article that tickled my funny bone...

You wrote, "The retailer says, "checkout will be available at 9:45 pm ET Monday night." I think you drew the wrong conclusions. B&H is owned by Orthodox Jews, and as such, their store is closed during the holiday of Shavuot and only reopens at nightfall when it ends. (This is indeed what the banner on their website currently states.) Although it is theoretically permissible to have the website fully functional, the owner does not rely on that leniency.

As an aside, this may explain the placeholder listings, as B&H employees will be forced to play catch-up with other retailers when they get into work on Tuesday morning.

(I myself am an Orthodox Jew, but I live in Israel where the holiday has already ended.)

Wouldn't the cost of the chip itself, push an M2 mini into Mac Studio pricing?
it should not be that bad, depends on how it's made and process underneath. I expect price creep from inflation of $100 or $200 but not much more. Apple pay ~$35 each basic m1 cpu they made, ($80 for max) so they have a lot of space to sink extra cost and dont worry, they will make enough $1000 upgrades for it to profit.

Second, 8GB on a 2022-issue machine would be an insult. Minimum 16. If I want to cut corners I'll get a store-spec PC.
Obviously, you will get that chance for $1000 extra.