Apple, Samsung Trial Reveals Dozens of iPhone Prototypes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Either way, crapple will never see a penny from me. Way too arrogant and believes their own user base is a bunch of idiots (look at the new commercials and the tablet confusion). They have stolen every single idea and yet pursued every other company because it looks similar or they believe they created it. Maybe if you made a decent product and your customers weren't so stupid you wouldn't have to worry about similar looking products. Come on, the freaking box says samsung and the idiots think it's an apple ipad? Talk about stupid!

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Say what? These are in-house prototypes that nobody has seen until now. How could Samsung copy something they've never seen?However, the Galaxy S looks like an iPhone. And it looks nothing like previous Samsung phones or prototypes.[/citation]
Actually the Galaxy S looks a lot like the SGH-F700 which was release 3 years before.

baylesje

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2012
Its obvious Apple is losing market share in everything except media management(iTunes) and its only in part that its practically fascist, if an application could be such a thing. Just read the article about how Apple's goal isn't to make money (I find it hard to believe, but all that aluminum costs money), they just want everyone to use an apple for everything.

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
why do these idiots care about the shape as if people buy them based on the friggin shape. WTF is this world coming to?

tacobravo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
After reading the opening statements of both of them, it seems like all Apple did was take something and patent it and call it their own.

jungleboogiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]how hard would it be to design the iphone...get told how much space is required, as in, chips, screen and such.get block of wood, a saw, and sandpaper, and sand the everloveing crap out of it, untill it is comfortable to hold and big enough for the chips to be inside... and they have 15 people doing this and ONLY THIS... my god, they are either morons or scam artists.[/citation]

Samsung has previously released their designs, including those that are pre-iPhone, and it's obvious that Samsung had layed out a design plan a long time ago and has stuck to it. Those documents prove that Samsung was not copying Apple and in fact makes it look like Apple was copying Samsung.

G

They just don't show the sony prototype to the judges ,how convenient.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Wow TOMs... one sided reporting again... not a freaking word about Samsung prototypes that came before iphone!

It's funny how judge tries to downplay their importance for court and throws the evidence out but then enrages when Samsung releases them to public after they have been declared unimportant.

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_samsung_trial_goes_on_shows_news_iphone_prototypes-news-4593.php

To me the design of Apple prototypes cases look like Sony-Ericsson phones of the era.

And this is because Apple openly acknowledged that Jobs tired to be like them... even making a prototype that was called Jony (like Sony but 1 letter difference). So who is the damn design moocher now?

http://www.gsmarena.com/apples_court_filings_reveal_early_iphone_designs-news-4568.php

effendi

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]Ummm ok... none of these prototype and phones look anywhere near or close to Samsungs... So how's it that Samsung is copying Apple...[/citation]

I think Apple holds the patent for "rectangular shape" ..... otherwise, I cannot think any other possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.