Apple Says Safari 4 is World's Fastest Browser

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The speed tests linked to on Apples site compare 6 different browsers listed below. Opera 10b is omitted.
Safari 4.0
Chrome 2.0
Firefox 3.5 Beta 4
Firefox 3.0
Opera 9.6
Internet Explorer 8

G

I have been using Safari for the last couple of days and, honestly, I don't see ANY speed difference at all over the previous version. I'm disappointed that Apple chooses to hype something without really supporting their claim with improved performance.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
can't go back to anything since chrome came out.. it is just what browsers needs to be in this broadband age.
another thing, chrome has simple and very usable interface.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Every time they release a version of Safari they claim it's the fastest. If it's such a great internet browser, why is the record for hacking a computer through it 10 seconds? :)

G

Apple Safari shit is the greatest crap Apple ever made. I can write a book about all its bugs and outages. It's good to know that Apple makes such things. It's good to know the truth about the greatest cheaters that the world has ever seen. APPLE? No. CRAPPLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.