Apple, Staples, Best Buy Matching Walmart's iPad Air Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Hah, now I wonder if apple still wants to keep Walmart as a retailer for its next product. They might be wondering how much they 'lost' due to this 'huge' discount.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Apple didn't lose anything. It is likely Walmart who is taking a hit on their chunk of the profit. Having said that, it is also likely that Walmart may get these products cheaper than others simply because of the sheer volume in which they purchase them.

There's next to no profit on these devices. The idea is to get them in the door and buying accessories. When Best Buy first started selling the 1st gen ipods, they had to sell accessories like crazy just to try to break even due to the shipping costs of returning repaired units back to the customer.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Kinda like how they spend about half as much on research and development as the other major technology companies do. But hey, as long as there are people out there willing to mindlessly fork over the cash for the same product year after year, why spend money to even attempt innovation?

Then again, Apple needs that money to pay lawyers to patent troll everyone else.

TwoBridges

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
otacon , November 1, 2013 10:32 PM
Quote:
Just noting that this is the usual overpriced rerun from the Fruit.

Yeah a new processor, thinner, lighter, but the same 10 hour battery life, faster, leaves every other tablet in the dust benchmark wise...but just a rerun. You're not too bright.

Once again you attack people and call them dumb! Hey moderators. how about you do something about otacon!!

btw, the asus transformer BLOWS AWAY the ipad! destroys it actually/

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

There is actually no bloatware on the Transformer as it isn't sold through carriers. In fact, there is less bloat because unlike iOS, you can remove system apps that you don't need.

The risk of malware only exists if you try to install apps from outside the app store, something not even possible on iOS. This Apple talking point exaggerates a problem that does not exist for the vast majority of users.

With the keyboard option, expandable storage, and amazing screen. it certainly would be hard to justify the extra cost of the iPad.

Keep trying though. You have no arguments so you resort to personal attacks and misinformation.

Thanatos Telos

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013

Seconded. On the topic of Apple's stuff, thy are NOT durable. My 4S got it's backed cracked, and before I knew it, I had to go in to get my hand stitched up. (Not lying. Think I have the bill lying around for proof) Also, my Mom's old iPad has scratched me from its dents one too many times.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010

So if you read into Clona's post carefully, hes not talking about Apple's profit margin. Hes talking about the retailers. At which point, Clona's right, the retailers get little to no margin on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.