Apple Tablet Confirmed by French Carrier Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
American: Qui diable est Orange France? Pourquoi dois-je entretenir à propos de Orange France? Qu'est-ce que Orange France. Et, pourquoi est Apple lance le présent en France?
Apple sucks oranges!!

Which translates as:
Who the heck is Orange France? Why do I care about Orange France? What is Orange France. And, Why is Apple launching this in France?
Apple sucks oranges!!

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]sunflier[/nom]American: Qui diable est Orange France? Pourquoi dois-je entretenir à propos de Orange France? Qu'est-ce que Orange France. Et, pourquoi est Apple lance le présent en France?Apple sucks oranges!!Which translates as:Who the heck is Orange France? Why do I care about Orange France? What is Orange France. And, Why is Apple launching this in France?Apple sucks oranges!![/citation]

Well Orange France is no more than "France telecom" and they own somewhat from 37 to 65 % of your beloved t-mobile right now.. recently they merged with deutche telekom. So if it gonna be available for france telekom (GSM) i doubt it will available for At&t

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Why the f_ck are all the rumored tablets being tied to wireless carriers? Cant we just have a tablet without attempting to suck us into an overpriced, slow, contractual obligated agreement to some greedy sh_thole wireless carrier?

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I'm looking forward to the release just so that these damn "Someone sneezed and it sounded like tablet" rumor articles will go way (I'm sure the "omg new app!" will fill the gap though).

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I agree cknobman - I realize the carriers want to get them to us "cheap" and pay for the subsidized units through high data fees, but what about people that don't need 3G access and just want it to replace laptop/e-reader, etc?

I'm looking forward to this because I think it could be interesting, but just as much so I don't have to keep hearing the news rumors about it.

Herbert_HA

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Getting tired of Tom's... seems like it became a gossip site. As much as I like to read news of new gadgets, there is a limit of how much you can squeeze the rumors into something interesting and it seems to me Tom's is doing this extensively, not only with this tablet.
Since the site was acquired by the Media Group, I feel a sensible decline in depth and relevance of the news here and being a long-time reader, I feel sad for that fact. I hope you guys start picking it up, stop the teenage manner you've been writing and give the tech-hungry of us real news and insights instead of just rumors and gossip.

Railgun1369

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
Well, that's a little presumptuous. No guarantee that there's an NDA with a carrier regarding a specific new product or that prevents him from saying such a thing. I think the CEO of a company would be smart enough for that.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Why do people mark me down? The traduction is not good. It should not read :

Qui diable est Orange France? Pourquoi dois-je entretenir à propos de Orange France? Qu'est-ce que Orange France. Et, pourquoi est Apple lance le présent en France?

but:

Qui diable est Orange France? Pourquoi devrais-je m'en faire pour Orange France? Qu'est-ce que Orange France. Et pourquoi est-ce qu'Apple lance ceci en France?

I know it was just an attempt at humour, but still. You guys usually make such a big deal out of spelling...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Why do people mark me down? The traduction is not good. It should not read :Qui diable est Orange France? Pourquoi dois-je entretenir à propos de Orange France? Qu'est-ce que Orange France. Et, pourquoi est Apple lance le présent en France?but:Qui diable est Orange France? Pourquoi devrais-je m'en faire pour Orange France? Qu'est-ce que Orange France. Et pourquoi est-ce qu'Apple lance ceci en France?I know it was just an attempt at humour, but still. You guys usually make such a big deal out of spelling...[/citation]
They can't help it, having a stick up their ass doesn't help. You should occasionally drop in a delibreate speeling eroor now and then just to taunt them. Almost as fun as grammar nazi's who insist on calling it grammer...

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Doubt many cares, bet the tablet will be overpriced, forced carrier and bet titles will be available from only one forced store... Do you like pay fully for a product that is so severly limited in the way of greed ?

Well - I dont!

Status
Not open for further replies.