Apple Tablet: February Launch, 10.1'' Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
C'mon Jane, abit of sensationalist head line, don't you think? =/

Why not be more honest and say "Analyst: Apple Tablet in February, probably 10.1'' Display"?

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
If the manufacturing is already on it's way, then the whole project has at least 1 year under it's belt.
This whole secrecy thing about a product is kinda childish and stupid IMO. As far as I'm concerned, I onnly care about products that I can research in advance, and maybe, be able to provide some feedback. Some manufacturers actually listen to their potential consumers out there and that only helps the design and the promotion of the product.
But, again, we are talking about Apple here, with renowned lack of interest of what consumers might actually want or of any feedback for that matter. Their target must be the same as it has been so far, people awed by an apple on the cover that looks cool. "Supposedly"

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
The supposed OLED model was supposedly the reason that the supposed device's supposed launch had been supposedly delayed into the second half of next year. Supposedly.
Am I, meow, missing out on an inside, meow, office joke, meow?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Zoonie[/nom]C'mon Jane, abit of sensationalist head line, don't you think? =/Why not be more honest and say "Analyst: Apple Tablet in February, probably 10.1'' Display"?[/citation]

Have rejigged things as best I can. Our system has a very tight character restriction for headlines so it can be difficult to fit everything in (this one, for example, started out as, "Study Shows Average American Consumes 34GB of Data Daily" but this had to be cut significantly). It is never my intention to be sensationalist or misleading. I'd hate to think I give that impression.

maydaynomore

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Who really wants an ipod touch that can't fit into your pocket, other than the church of Steve Jobs worshippers (aka: homosexuals, metrosexuals, idiots, people with more money than brains---aka idiots)

chise1

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2008
I, for one, am completely sick of reading about the seemingly bi-weekly rumors about this stupid tablet. Whoop-dee-f'ing do -- Apple will make an overpriced and closed source piece of hardware that, in reality, is no better than anything else that was out there 2 years before. This damned rumor mill has to stop for a company with < 10% market share that probably 50% of the people visiting this site dislike.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]doc70[/nom]This whole secrecy thing about a product is kinda childish and stupid IMO. As far as I'm concerned, I onnly care about products that I can research in advance, and maybe, be able to provide some feedback.[/citation]
Didn't you know? If apple is deliberately fuzzy on the flaws and massively hypes and advertises the fact it is shiny and new then by the time millions of suckers have bought it, the next gen version will be out to wallpaper over its shortcomings.

Just better pray it doesn't have the same battery problems as the iPhone, it that thing blows it could take your arm off.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Have rejigged things as best I can. Our system has a very tight character restriction for headlines so it can be difficult to fit everything in (this one, for example, started out as, "Study Shows Average American Consumes 34GB of Data Daily" but this had to be cut significantly). It is never my intention to be sensationalist or misleading. I'd hate to think I give that impression.[/citation]

Thank you for taking your time changing it; you are probably the reader favorite among your news writing colleagues and seeing this got me thinking "You too, Jane?".

I'm sorry if I came off as a douchebag, was not my intention.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
Why is this item, which hasn't even been confirmed by anyone, getting so much media attention? It's a tablet. There are already tablets available, why is this one getting so much hype when nobody knows anything about it? Because it's from Apple? I think it is ridiculous that the media does Apple's marketing for them. Makes Apple seem much bigger, more important, and more original than they really are.

G

JMcEntegart: "Our system has a very tight character restriction for headlines so it can be difficult to fit everything in"

Does it give you a failwhale if it crashes? :)

G

Personally, a $1K pricing point would confuse the market ($500-800 makes more sense), but otherwise the most basic assessment (as an earlier commenter noted) is that this is an iPod Touch on steroids, a bigger form factor, with surprises to be sure, but which plugs into a proven user experience (50M iPhone/iPod Touch owners can't be wrong), with an installed base of Apps and Media and developers. That is a GREAT starting point, no?

The target for this device? Oversized bags, such as purses, briefcases and backpacks, something that allows one to read a book, play a game or watch video while sitting on a bus, on the couch or in a cafe, something that I blogged about in:

It's in the Bag! The Apple Tablet Computing Device
http://bit.ly/3dmxRZ

Check it out if interested.

Mark

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Didn't you know? If apple is deliberately fuzzy on the flaws and massively hypes and advertises the fact it is shiny and new then by the time millions of suckers have bought it, the next gen version will be out to wallpaper over its shortcomings.Just better pray it doesn't have the same battery problems as the iPhone, it that thing blows it could take your arm off.[/citation]

Don't worry, I wasn't planning on buying the damn thing...

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]theanomaly[/nom]JMcEntegart: "Our system has a very tight character restriction for headlines so it can be difficult to fit everything in"Does it give you a failwhale if it crashes?[/citation]

I would not be surprised. Except the failwhale is kind of cute. Ours would just be a grey screen of "No can do, sucker."

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]darkknight22[/nom]If only I had a nickel every time a new Apple tablet rumor was posted.....[/citation]
You'd.... be able to buy a pack of gum?

nycokla

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
The supposed OLED model was supposedly the reason that the supposed device's supposed launch had been supposedly delayed into the second half of next year. Supposedly.

wow mr author, wow

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]maydaynomore[/nom]Who really wants an ipod touch that can't fit into your pocket, other than the church of Steve Jobs worshippers (aka: homosexuals, metrosexuals, idiots, people with more money than brains---aka idiots)[/citation]

*Sigh* I'm not an Apple fan either, but seriously, could you be a bigger bigot?

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I'm more interested in the rumored Microsoft tablet. Honestly I haven't heard any real innovation with this Apple tablet. It really does sound like its just a bigger iPod Touch. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I think there could be a niche market for that. I'm just saying nothing new or exciting with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.