Apple Takes Store Lines Online With Apple Watch Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentbb007

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
It's so sad that all these people will just buy the product for the name, even if they don't need it.

Oh well, it's their money.
My brother is really excited for Apple Watch he's buying the $1100 42mm Space Black Case with Space Black Stainless Steel Link Bracelet. Way too much money in my opinion but he probably thinks I'm just as crazy for just buying 3 ROG Swift monitors and 2 Titan X's to power them so I can play games in surround :)

jhgoodwin

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Wow a watch with an ALL DAY BATTERY!
I know. I wish someone would have invented that a long time ago. Maybe even a watch that doesn't need batteries and stays powered indefinitely. Oh wait, they did all of that already. Just not on this watch.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
And all the Rolex (or other mechanical watch brand) will laugh at you in 1-2 years when your 500$ apple watch will be worth pennies because the new iwatch will be out for 599$ ..... this world is full of morons.

SmexySumo

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
<a href="http://www.iappnalysis.com/2015/03/pair-install-apps-on-apple-watch.html">How to Pair Apple Watch with iPhone and Install Apps on Apple Watch?</a>

Kadathan

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
"One major reason behind this change is to bring an end to the long lines outside of stores before products are released. Sometimes Apple product releases often see fans lining up outside the store days in advance."

Where will they line up now? Apple's leaving the sheep out to pasture instead of lining up for the trough, this is trouble.

Seriously, I like new stuff, too, but if I had a few days off, the last thing I would do is spend it standing in a line. I can't handle wasting half an hour in line, these people have some serious consumerist issues going on...

Paulmolive

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
I honestly think they are moving to online only so the public cant see the lack of interest these watches are showing.

This could of potentially been the first preorder with very short lines. That would look bad for Apple.

Paulmolive

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
I honestly think they are moving to online only so the public cant see the lack of interest these watches are showing.

This could of potentially been the first preorder with very short lines. That would look bad for Apple.

royalcrown

Distinguished
Look, I like apple stuff and non apple stuff and have owned both. While all of you are saying how stupid it is, I think it might be neat. However, I see not one of you addressing the elephant in the room.

WITH NEARLY EVERONE HAVING A SMARTPHONE NOW, WHO WEARS WATCHES ANYMORE ?

Kadathan

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013

1) People who don't have a cellphone wear them
2) People who could be correctly labelled as "Watch buffs" still wear them
3) People showing off their wealth still wear them
4) People who think smartwatches add some form of value to their lives wear a form of them

The whole idea is a little silly to me; seems a lot of people trying to justify the existance of redundant technology. I was really suprised that it sold so well, apple fanatics or no apple fanatics. I just don't understand the allure here, you'd have to be on your phone all day(and thus wasting temendous amounts of time) to consider this to be a time saver by not having to pull your phone out of your pocket. And that does it for the unique features of a smart watch, every other feature it has is done better by another device.

It's kind of like google glass, the people who jumped on the bandwagon will defend their buying decision to the very end but they still just end up looking like an ahole who talks to himself all day. Some items are actually not improved with a computer chip in them, and a watch is one. Mind you, I don't dick around on my phone all day so maybe I'm out of touch?

royalcrown

Distinguished
Yeah, a TINY segment of the population vs cell owners. If it can make calls on its own without a phone, that's cool though and I'd buy one.

1) People who don't have a cellphone wear them
2) People who could be correctly labelled as "Watch buffs" still wear them
3) People showing off their wealth still wear them
4) People who think smartwatches add some form of value to their lives wear a form of them

The whole idea is a little silly to me; seems a lot of people trying to justify the existance of redundant technology. I was really suprised that it sold so well, apple fanatics or no apple fanatics. I just don't understand the allure here, you'd have to be on your phone all day(and thus wasting temendous amounts of time) to consider this to be a time saver by not having to pull your phone out of your pocket. And that does it for the unique features of a smart watch, every other feature it has is done better by another device.

It's kind of like google glass, the people who jumped on the bandwagon will defend their buying decision to the very end but they still just end up looking like an ahole who talks to himself all day. Some items are actually not improved with a computer chip in them, and a watch is one. Mind you, I don't dick around on my phone all day so maybe I'm out of touch?

Status
Not open for further replies.