Apple to Discontinue 17-inch MacBook Pro, Predicts Analyst

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]dreadlokz[/nom]look their market share! They should discontinue everything but phones and tablets![/citation]
Come now. The MacBook Pro may be a bit overpriced to some but its a really good laptop. I have a VM running on my MBP now it and it runs better, I'm sure, than many people's hardware-bound computers. The high-res anti-glare screen is really a treat to the eyes. Yes, there's less expensive machines but you can get a Honda Accord and say, "There's less expensive sedans." and you'd be correct...but I like the Accord.

weewoo87

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I have a VM running on my MBP now it and it runs better, I'm sure, than many people's hardware-bound computers.[/citation]

I bet your VM doesn't run better than a PC at half the cost (~$1250). Not kidding.

I'm sure it looks snazzy doing it though.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]weewoo87[/nom]I bet your VM doesn't run better than a PC at half the cost (~$1250). Not kidding.I'm sure it looks snazzy doing it though.[/citation]
I'm sure it doesn't. ...but it'd likely hammer a lof of those home machines out there. Most people don't spend $1,250 on PC anymore. ...just us enthusiasts and those whose jobs require it. My little MBP may be overpriced but I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.