Apple to Shut Down Failed Social Tool 'Ping'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]I believe it's if the poster chose "negative" as the comment style, as I did with this one.[/citation]

Nope, yours shows up in a normal black for on my Browser (Firefox 14 on Win 7).

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]TeholTheNotSoAnanymous[/nom]@Freggo: is you don't sign in/register, it simply allows you to comment as "anonymous," with an identifying handle of your choice. Idk what you meant by the "no thumbs down" bit, so yeah.[/citation]

Ah, there we go. That makes a lot of sense.

Thanks ! :)

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Seriously though, what if Apple only made the new iPhone longer so they can better sue samsung in the future as the width length ratio would be more similar? :eek:

[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]How about this? " Apple lawsuit leads to Samsung Shut down in America "[/citation]
...someone here loves fiction...

seriously though, considering that Samsung just invested a few billion in a plant in US, nobody can foresee them actually shutting down. I wish more indigenous corporations with tons of cash (know anyone like that?) could say the same...

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
apple could still recoup their cost, they could sue Mike Muuss for using the term ping in the original computer program used to measure ping times in 1983 since he obviously copied apple :)

and if they need deeper pockets, then they could sue the European government for infringing on apple's use of ping which cost apple billions. Robert William Boyle in the year 1916 obviously stole apple's idea of the word "ping"

in fact, they can even sue William Bourne for stealing apples design of using a rectangular shape with rounded corners for the earliest submarines, they must have stolen apples idea of rectangles with rounded corners with the release of the iphone. especially since his work lead to more modern submarines with sonar that can send out pings to detect the location of enemy ships.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Razor512[/nom]apple could still recoup their cost, they could sue Mike Muuss for using the term ping in the original computer program used to measure ping times in 1983 since he obviously copied apple and if they need deeper pockets, then they could sue the European government for infringing on apple's use of ping which cost apple billions. ...[/citation]

Apple could sue the Navy. They are constantly "pinging" stuff and I bet they do not have a license from Apple to do so !!

Status
Not open for further replies.