Apple Unveils New MacBook Pros With Touch Bar Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
"innovation" á la Tim Cook: Remove commonly used functions like headphone jacks, USB ports and keyboard keys. Add useless gimmicks like touch buttons, dongles to get those ports back and what not.... :D

1991ATServerTower

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
$1800, Dual core CPU, 2106... Yeah, no. You can keep that.

Iris Pro is only a little better in than an AMD APU in some things, so it's not like the product is magical or whatnot. Typical Apple product, way too much money for the specs you get.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
LMAO all these apple fans waited for 3 years for apple to update their macbook pro line, and what does apple do??!@?!?! They use a 1 year old CPU when the competition is using 7th gen Kaby Lake.

I feel for you apple fans.. Thats almost as bad as Microsoft using Keplar in their new Surface Studio computer instead of Pascal.

Apple is losing touch with it's base... There is only so much crap your fans will endure. The removal of the "Escape" key, and using 1 year old CPU's, and raising prices +$200 across the board while using old cpu tech, is a sure way to make your customers feel that their new notebook is already antiquated. Also, they removed the SD Card reader, while not a big deal for most, still adds up. At some point in time, you have to ask yourself, is all that stuff they removed worth a 3mm thinner laptop? or are you just ok with buying and carrying around a multitude of dongles to replace all that functionality they took out.

Kaby Lake added hardware H.265 MAIN encoder and thats a big deal for creatives that use these laptops for video editing. but apple staying with skylake ensures they get slightly cheaper cpu prices at the expense of their loyal customers.

PS: oh they used AMD instead of Nvidia, but i won't count that. Nvidia's Pascal Arch offers much better perf per watt than Polaris.

elho_cid

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015

For a company that revived itself on online music, removing the most popular headphone plug from their single successful product is equally stupid. I guess that's their new company motto: "Apple. Just stupid."

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015
The problem I see in MacBook are the specs & price. We are in 2016 (soon 2017) and they still using DDR3 RAMs. For me RAM is not a big issues, but when you think in term prices vs specs you see it is away so stupid and overpriced. MacBook 13inch is like 2k CAD and with that money you can get away better windows laptop which I hate but will go for it in my next laptop.

G

Touchbar is there to solve a problem Microsoft could not with Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 and that is instead of touching screen which is not ergonomic and unnatural, you simply use touchbar which is a complement to apps and OS itself. I think it is brilliant, and don't judge before you use it. As far as price goes, nothing new there. Microsoft started doing the same with their Surface products.

G

Anyhow, laptop, tablets and what not are the dumbest devices you can buy if it's for personal use only. I would say it is a waste of money. for personal use now days you need only two things, some nice Smart Phone like Samsung Note 7, LG V20 or similar, and some bad ass PC Desktop. Everything else is f. waste of money.

ShinigamIan

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
"FREAK777POWER Oct 28, 2016, 9:40 AM
Anyhow, laptop, tablets and what not are the dumbest devices you can buy if it's for personal use only. I would say it is a waste of money. for personal use now days you need only two things, some nice Smart Phone like Samsung Note 7, LG V20 or similar, and some bad ass PC Desktop. Everything else is f. waste of money."

EXACTLY!!!

TEAMSWITCHER

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
"We are in 2016 (soon 2017) and they still using DDR3 RAMs." - ICEMYTH
Dell's latest XPS 13 with 7th generation Intel Core processor also uses LPDDR3 RAM.. ..

Supporter

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
why not make the entire keyboard surface a one large dedicated touch screen which changes keys and layout to fit whatever you are doing?

nateb25

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
Great job Apple for removing keyboard keys that we use for Photoshop actions and other programs. Who needs that useless touch bar? Yep, will get Dell XPS laptop instead...

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012

According to AdoredTV's latest video, RX480's can have as much as a 40W difference between models. Clearly there is something very wrong with manufacturing. No idea, if something similar holds true for nVidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS