Apple's A6 iPhone 5 SoC Integrates Triple-Core GPU

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Anyone who is not a fanboy actually surprised that Apple was saying the truth in one of their presentations where it claim their cpu was faster than the SG3? I wonder how it fares against the quad core version though.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]lpedraja2002[/nom]Anyone who is not a fanboy actually surprised that Apple was saying the truth in one of their presentations where it claim their cpu was faster than the SG3? I wonder how it fares against the quad core version though.[/citation]
So my SGS3 isn't faster or better than the iPhone 5 in every single way. Its still a great phone and I like it more and more every day.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]lpedraja2002[/nom]Anyone who is not a fanboy actually surprised that Apple was saying the truth in one of their presentations where it claim their cpu was faster than the SG3? I wonder how it fares against the quad core version though.[/citation]

I don't think the CPU is faster... it's very similar to Krait, actually. But, the GPU certainly is far superior to anything in any of the Android smartphones currently, and much more of the OS is GPU accelerated vs Android. They've improved the camera sensor's speed substantially, and the Qualcomm chip used for 4G legit.

The iPhone 5 is, in fact, the fastest phone on the market right now.

And this is coming from an HTC One owner.

That said, I love my phone, and wouldn't trade.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]jblack[/nom]There. Fixed that for you.[/citation]
apples did not and will never claim that their iOS was open....from what i recall that's what google claims...sorry to burst your bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.