Apple's Bob Mansfield Goes Back on Plans to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
It states that Apple announced his retirement. I wonder if it is because he started to question Apples unethical business tactics, or possible he didn't want to be a part of Apples downfall.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]It states that Apple announced his retirement. I wonder if it is because he started to question Apples unethical business tactics, or possible he didn't want to be a part of Apples downfall.[/citation]
Or perhaps he just wanted to do something new? I doubt he wanted a pay raise, he was probably already making bank. Then Apple gives him what seems to be a new position and he opted to take it. If he was questioning Apple's ethics then why would he stay?

Plus, it is hard to say that Apple's business tactics are unethical when there are hundreds, if not thousands, of companies that use the same or very similar tactics. Apple's practices just reach the news more often then most. And I'm not a betting man, but I'd say we are at least a couple more decades before we could even see a hint of this great Apple downfall people keep predicting.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!
Bob Mansfield: "I thought Apple was heading a rightful direction for all Americans. But soon finds out they are just a bunch of greedy business people with very low sportsmanship. I rather give their competitors my knowledge and show the world that Apple are scumbags... Android, here I come"

Let the hate commence. I'm getting sick of these Articles pitting folks against each other, and frankly I don't care what Bob Mansfield does or doesn't do at Apple nor his retirement.

Weapon of choice (-1) or (+1)

monkey_poo1.jpg

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]jaquith[/nom]Let the hate commence. I'm getting sick of these Articles pitting folks against each other, and frankly I don't care what Bob Mansfield does or doesn't do at Apple nor his retirement.Weapon of choice (-1) or (+1)[/citation]
There's my favored pic of the monkey which seems more and more appropriate. Thanks. ...now, what was this article about?

Status
Not open for further replies.