Apple's iPhone Trade-in Program Not Available Internationally

Status
Not open for further replies.

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
Of course it's US only. The rest of the world is where they plan on dumping the ones they pay Americans peanuts for.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Man it sucks that I work internationally. I wouldn't be able to trade in an iPhone if I bought one. I guess I shouldn't be too worried though since I don't have any plans to ever buy one in the first place.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009

I dunno. That's one thing I don't understand about Apple's roadmap. They claim that they need a lower priced phone for "emerging markets." I wonder which emerging market that is.,....

I worked in Guatemala for two years and most people that I met were either 1) Rich or 2) Dirt Poor. The rich people could easily just buy the most expensive model/newest model and would not want a "cheaper one" and of course the Dirt Poor people weren't going to buy anything except a cheap pre-paid phone. If anything having a tier two model runs the risk of alienating the rich people who were the only one's buying Apple products to begin with.

Why would anyone be stupid enough to trade in their Phone? You only get a mere pittance of what it is worth on the used market. Even if you don't trust Craigslist or eBay you're going to know someone that would want your old iPhone for more than Apple will pay you.

Status
Not open for further replies.