Apple's Mountain Lion Golden Master Seeded to Devs

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Golden Master? Hmm... Sounds like a job for 007 to find out...

bawss

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]Golden Master? Hmm... Sounds like a job for 007 to find out...[/citation]
Isn't it Golden Eye?

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]So, will there be better security?[/citation]

I bet. Even though Apple has been quiet about their security holes lately, they probably have made it more secure without telling everyone, admitting they were wrong and could get viruses as easy as any other OS.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
GateKeeper beefs up security by allowing you to alter your settings to only accept software downloads from the Mac App Store or from the Mac App Store and identified developers
This is very effective to dummies as they tend to install viruses on their own but I see many people would like to install software from developers not supported by Apple. Wonder if that "capability" to install other software will be removed eventually.

AidanJC

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]Seeded to developers? It's on bittorrent?[/citation]
Well clearly someone broke their agreement.

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... Mountain Lion the windows 8 killer...[/citation]

Hell, MS-DOS is a windows 8 killer from the rep it has thus far projected. /exaggeration

amigafan

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
I'm jealous, look at that UI looking beautiful and productive in their new/updated OS. And what do we get in Windows 8? Friggin Metro UI that not only looks like crap but also hinders productivity.

This is what M$ should be doing too: old school way but highly polished. Windows 7 was halfway there.

G

I have several Macs and stopped updating at Snow Leopard (two releases ago). This "new" OS doesn't really add anything. Granted, it's a $20 upgrade, but both products in the "Lion" family have been really disappointing.

Apple: Turning OS updates into "DLC".

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]chewy1963[/nom]Hell, MS-DOS is a windows 8 killer from the rep it has thus far projected. /exaggeration[/citation]
... amen...

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Hey, how about adding the ability to transfer files to a FTP server natively using Finder. Macs look all pretty and crap but when you get down to actually using them for anything but Facebook, they are a real pain.

jmacdougall

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
i am a PC user but looking for the golden master. I know, sounds REALLY lame but none the less, I am looking to download it somewhere (legal or torrent) to try my own hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.