Apple's Multi-Touch Patent Invalidated by USPTO

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]So funny watching all you losers comment. Tom's used to be a site to get information on hardware and learn about building your own rigs. Now it's a bunch of whiny 12 year olds looking for the next xompany to hate on. You're just like those protestors I see on street corners screaming at anyone and will listen to their drivel.[/citation]
yea... where have you been sense apple started sueing everyone?
if apple had a legitimate patent that wasn't common sense bs or prior art, or those retarded rounded rectangle patents, people would be on their side. but the majority of us just see them as patent trolls.

the reason we dont care about when other do something that may be a bit fishy, is because they aren't actively trying to screw everyone in the process.

apple infringed on frand patents, wont cross license, and refuses to pay the what, 2.5 or 3.5% of every phone they ever sold, they want to only pay 1$ per phone, on a frand patent.

we want to see their downfall not because they are "the cool company to hate" but they have done so much bad for technology, such as the "thin war" which sees batteries getting worse and worse so people can get thinner and thinner phones, their general unwillingness to license patents, and their refusal to license patents while suing others for not licensing patents.

G

this reminds me of back when early cars were being built and everyone was suing everyone else cuz all the cars used round wheels to move.

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]yea... where have you been sense apple started sueing everyone?if apple had a legitimate patent that wasn't common sense bs or prior art, or those retarded rounded rectangle patents, people would be on their side. but the majority of us just see them as patent trolls.the reason we dont care about when other do something that may be a bit fishy, is because they aren't actively trying to screw everyone in the process.apple infringed on frand patents, wont cross license, and refuses to pay the what, 2.5 or 3.5% of every phone they ever sold, they want to only pay 1$ per phone, on a frand patent.we want to see their downfall not because they are "the cool company to hate" but they have done so much bad for technology, such as the "thin war" which sees batteries getting worse and worse so people can get thinner and thinner phones, their general unwillingness to license patents, and their refusal to license patents while suing others for not licensing patents.[/citation]

Exactly right. Back when I was younger I use to really be into paintball and was even on a national DIII team. There was a company called Smart Parts who made a lot of paintball gear including high end markers. Eventually their products went stale they pretty much kept putting the same crap out with minor cosmetic changes. Their solution to their spiraling market loss was to start patent trolling. They claimed they invented the high-end electronic marker and anyone who manufactures electronic makers were infringing on Smart’ Parts so called invention. They began suing everyone in the industry (just like CrApple) this in turn caused a number of marker manufactures to close their doors. This pissed off a lot of players and people boycotted their stuff. The only ones who continued to buy their gear were the SP fanboys. In the end Smart Parts closed their doors in 2010 so all that suing didn’t do crap for them. So they’re products went stale so they took to patent trolling which pissed people off and it only helped put them out of business. The saying that history always repeats itself is absolutely true the SAME EXACT thing is happening here with CrApple. The morale of the story is that no company that I can think of has ever survived by patent trolling and suing everyone. In the end all it has ever done was hurt their industry, piss a lot of people off and delay the inevitable, the trolling company going out of business.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]rds1220[/nom]Exactly right. Back when I was younger I use to really be into paintball and was even on a national DIII team. There was a company called Smart Parts who made a lot of paintball gear including high end markers. Eventually their products went stale they pretty much kept putting the same crap out with minor cosmetic changes. Their solution to their spiraling market loss was to start patent trolling. They claimed they invented the high-end electronic marker and anyone who manufactures electronic makers were infringing on Smart’ Parts so called invention. They began suing everyone in the industry (just like CrApple) this in turn caused a number of marker manufactures to close their doors. This pissed off a lot of players and people boycotted their stuff. The only ones who continued to buy their gear were the SP fanboys. In the end Smart Parts closed their doors in 2010 so all that suing didn’t do crap for them. So they’re products went stale so they took to patent trolling which pissed people off and it only helped put them out of business. The saying that history always repeats itself is absolutely true the SAME EXACT thing is happening here with CrApple. The morale of the story is that no company that I can think of has ever survived by patent trolling and suing everyone. In the end all it has ever done was hurt their industry, piss a lot of people off and delay the inevitable, the trolling company going out of business.[/citation]

the only other major patent troll i know off the top of my head is rambus...

i wasn't following tech back than and was 12 or 13, so i really wouldn't have been able to really look at them very objectively.

from my understanding, rambus was good, but very expensive.

lets take out all the obviously crappy things they did, things that apparently make apple look like an angle of good faith in comparison.

is rambus better off today than it was prior to 2000?

my understanding is that today, they have some of the best ram, and its why there are rumors about it being in next gen cards and consoles all the time, but in reality, if im correct, they burnt so many bridges that they can barely function properly as a company with the exception of lawsuits, and the rare company that requires their ram.

i am intrested in if they are better of now than before.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]So funny watching all you losers comment. Tom's used to be a site to get information on hardware and learn about building your own rigs. Now it's a bunch of whiny 12 year olds looking for the next xompany to hate on. You're just like those protestors I see on street corners screaming at anyone and will listen to their drivel.[/citation]
So, if you don't like it hear, why do you show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.