Apple's New Adapter Will Charge Your iPad Faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanto

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
[citation][nom]delaneymarylou[/nom]my best friend's half-sister makes $67 hourly on the computer. She has been unemployed for 5 months but last month her check was $16629 just working on the computer for a few hours. Here's the site to read more ))>> Cat28.com[/citation]

your best friend's dog's half sister's neighbors cat makes computers bits and bytes cry from the useless waste of bandwidth for 5 months. $16,629 / $67= 248.19 hours per month. why did I waste 2 minutes typing this post?

G

Wow...19 bucks for an adapter...looks like Apple is tryin' to rip people off again.

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
I'm sorry can we just stop with the apple stuff, you don't do this kind of thing for anything other than apple products so why?

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Well, here is the thing.

Just how much faster going from 10 watts to 12 watts in terms of charging power? Not much.

It's all marketing bull that people think it's fantastic. Geezez.

Ah well. Glad that we aren't forced to buy into such nonsense.

Leftbranch

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
[citation][nom]ivanto[/nom]your best friend's dog's half sister's neighbors cat makes computers bits and bytes cry from the useless waste of bandwidth for 5 months. $16,629 / $67= 248.19 hours per month. why did I waste 2 minutes typing this post?[/citation]

I'm just amazed that a new Apple charger is seriously considered news here. "OMG, Apple has a new charger. It's new! OMG. I can't believe it. It's 12W. The old one was 10W. So it's 2W betterer! OMG". And yes, I realize I didn't have to click on the story. But, seriously - a new charger is considered "news"? Seriously? Really?

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
"We don't have an exact percentage of how much faster it would charge but you should see an increase in speed,"...

So in other words, spend $20 to see what kind of charging speed increase you will see. I'm very surprised that Apple doesn't have any marketing ammunition for this device - probably because the speed is negligible.

[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]"We don't have an exact percentage of how much faster it would charge but you should see an increase in speed,"...So in other words, spend $20 to see what kind of charging speed increase you will see. I'm very surprised that Apple doesn't have any marketing ammunition for this device - probably because the speed is negligible.[/citation]
No, it's just in line with their other marketing lines, "our device is the fastest", "our screen is the best" etc.
Always same stuff, not substantiated by any evidence and always negated later via benchmarks or direct comparisons. Remember their "retina" display thing? They keep dropping the PPI number and still call it a "retina" display, when just a bit ago anything that was below their initial number was too small to qualify.
This adapter probably shaves about 10 mins from the recharge time, so technically could be "faster". Truth is, they need to push their new chargers because people can not buy them from anywhere else now due to the integrated "security" chip.

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
"Kindle Fire Replacement AC Adapter by Amazo, used from $22.59, I guess $19 is pretty good."

Seriously-- have any people here *ever* bought an adapter or cable from one of the big electronics companies, or a big box store, or a wireless carrier, etc? Unless you are buying "knock-offs" on mono-price or eBay, that is just what they charge for these kinds of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.