Apple's Opening Up to 35 New Stores in the Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Michigan has 4 Apple stores. All of which are at least 30-40 minutes from metro Detroit. So for anyone near or south of Detroit, you have trek to make to get to a store. A store should be opened either in Detroit, or south between Detroit and Ohio.

G

I'll be looking forward to the inevitable article, "Apple expects to close over 100 stores in 2014". Once you reach the top, the only way is DOWN!

PC FTW!

LightningStryk17

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
[citation][nom]Apple_Pfffft[/nom]I'll be looking forward to the inevitable article, "Apple expects to close over 100 stores in 2014". Once you reach the top, the only way is DOWN!PC FTW![/citation]

But how do you know they are at the "top" yet? :)

G

I just sit outside the apple store and hog all the bandwidth on my laptop on Sundays. 100 gigabytes of HD videos downloaded so far this year! The 'genius' bar don't even bother me when i do.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]I refuse to go into an apple store again...Last time I was in one of those I was treated like a child...[/citation]

What do you expect when their flagship ipads are targeted towards people aged 0 - 5 ?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]sabregreen[/nom]Michigan has 4 Apple stores. All of which are at least 30-40 minutes from metro Detroit. So for anyone near or south of Detroit, you have trek to make to get to a store. A store should be opened either in Detroit, or south between Detroit and Ohio.[/citation]

people in Detroit have disposable money, enough for an apple over priced thing?

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]sabregreen[/nom]Michigan has 4 Apple stores. All of which are at least 30-40 minutes from metro Detroit. So for anyone near or south of Detroit, you have trek to make to get to a store. A store should be opened either in Detroit, or south between Detroit and Ohio.[/citation]Most any retailer will use income demographics and transportation routes to select store locations. Micro Center, which also sells Apple products, only has one store in Madison Heights (NW of Detroit). You're not going to get the Apple "experience" with them since they also sell PCs and many DiY parts.

PCs are less dependent on retail since there is more than one manufacturer. Even with the availability of mail-order systems from the likes of Dell and HP, there is the Computer Direct chain in the Detroit area (http://www.computerdirectcorp.com) that sells PCs (including Linux systems). But many other retailers including Computer City, CompUSA, and Circuit City have failed. Best Buy may be next.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Most any retailer will use income demographics and transportation routes to select store locations. Micro Center, which also sells Apple products, only has one store in Madison Heights (NW of Detroit). You're not going to get the Apple "experience" with them since they also sell PCs and many DiY parts.PCs are less dependent on retail since there is more than one manufacturer. Even with the availability of mail-order systems from the likes of Dell and HP, there is the Computer Direct chain in the Detroit area (http://www.computerdirectcorp.com) that sells PCs (including Linux systems). But many other retailers including Computer City, CompUSA, and Circuit City have failed. Best Buy may be next.[/citation]
Computer City only failed because CompUSA bought them out, and then there were TWO CompUSAs on the SAME STREET (John R) within a mile of each other...

Oh, and the economy hit the greatest recession of my lifetime...

MicroCenter was better than CompUSA was, but I think had the economy not tanked, we would have kept some of the other retailers...

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
whatever happened to retail stores that sell multiples items? next thing you know apple will be selling televisions[likely] and vaccuums and microwaves. this doesnt seem like the smart thing to do but hey, what do i know. they should open starbucks on each of their corners of their store, i bet that would work wonders

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]whatever happened to retail stores that sell multiples items? next thing you know apple will be selling televisions[likely] and vaccuums and microwaves. this doesnt seem like the smart thing to do but hey, what do i know. they should open starbucks on each of their corners of their store, i bet that would work wonders[/citation]Good point. I'm off to trademark iVac.

Status
Not open for further replies.