Apple's 'Spaceship' HQ Delayed to 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

25gtt

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Wow, we better move quick on this one then. I hereby patent the following terms:

I-Tree
I-Spaceship
I-2016

....In before Apple...... Or Samsung :)

kensingtron

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
I would rather the money invested in R&D than extravagant Architecture. Curved glass on a radius that large will not make a huge visual impact compared to flat panes of glass. The "London Gherkin" is a perfect example of flat glass creating a curve. Interesting idea though.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Maybe users will wake up by 2016 and stop buying iPhones and instead start buying Androids, or who knows, maybe even Windows Phones. Apple's workforce increases to 14,000, then layoffs start happening.

I still think Microsoft will have the Smartphone to beat in a few years, as it may be become the ultimate portable PC (that can run Crysis) and have built-in Kinect technology.

captainblacko

Honorable
May 21, 2012
do you think they've went for curved windows because they didn't want Microsoft lodging a complaint against them for using a tile based approached to their windows layout?

manicmike

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012

Apple is only relevant to iSheep and tech news sites that point out how their "innovation" is "sputtering". They're barely relevant now. :D

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
[citation][nom]eternalkp[/nom]will apple still be relevant by 2016?[/citation]
Not if they don't come out with a new fad (which may or may not flop). Innovation inside Apple has dwindled. You can only resize things for so long. Here's hoping someone other than Apple takes the reigns by then.

Zak is really a cool fella. His news may be apple only, but at least he is still posting stuff for us to talk about. We get to irritate him with all our comments on "apple sponsoring" but he shall not be stoped, and bring the fruit to us!

HAIL TO YOU ZAK ISLAM.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Pyree[/nom]I'll hate to make trips to the opposite side of the building, knowing I can't walk in the most direct path.[/citation]
Just walk through the middle. I'd much rather trek through some open parkland in the sun (So-Cal after all) than walk through hallways.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]I'd much rather trek through some open parkland in the sun (So-Cal after all) than walk through hallways.[/citation]Actually it's in NorCal, but the weather is still not bad.

G

Where do you park? I mean parking for 14,000 people is going to ruin the entire look. It will end up looking like a football stadium.

cyberthug

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
[citation][nom]joh_nny[/nom]Where do you park? I mean parking for 14,000 people is going to ruin the entire look. It will end up looking like a football stadium.[/citation]

They will live there :) Till a Resident Evil disaster occur :D

freedom4556

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
I love how the hold-up is an "environmental impact report" yet the article stresses that, "The campus itself is said to be 80 percent landscape, accompanied by 7,000 trees." Hippies.

Status
Not open for further replies.