Apple's Stock Prices Hit $700 Per Share

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I love all this impotent Apple hate. I've never owned an Apple product, but they're doing a really good job, and it's the market that has the final say, not some sex starved hardware enthusiast typing from his mother's basement.

G

Hey trolls!

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6309/iphone-5a6-sunspider-performance

Maybe the stock hitting 700 has something to do with the fact that the new iPhone destroys ALL other phones on the market in speed, all while running 33% less frequency than your precious Samesung phone? Maybe, just maybe, it's because Apple continually outdoes every other manufacturer?

Cry all you want. Sour grapes for everyone! Fact is fact. Your horse lost. DEAL WITH IT!

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
[citation][nom]iamtheking123[/nom]It's going to be spectacular to watch them fall. Their innovation died with Jobs.[/citation]
Their "innovation" never existed....

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Cash out now, the iPhone 5 is already worse than 6 month old Android handsets and Surface will slay the iPad, time to start buying MS or Google shares with your money[/citation]
Look at this desperate troll!

Benchmarks are out, son, and Samsuck just got embarrassed in all performance categories. A dual core custom apple processor at 2/3 the frequency beat a quad core samsuck processor. That's REALLY embarrassing!

But hey, keep lashing out and embarrassing yourself. Keep telling yourself whatever you need to to keep from crying yourself to sleep that Apple makes the best product and you made a dumb purchase on samsuck. Keep telling yourself your phone is better because it can run an Apache web server or do other things that are totally useless for a phone. Meanwhile, the Apple camp will enjoy record sales, because they are focusing on features that actually matter, like having the best battery life and best performance.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]trumpeter1994[/nom]Their "innovation" never existed....[/citation]
I agree and disagree at the same time (it possible right o_O) I agree that "something" died with Jobs but it wasn't innovation, it was drive and passion. I'm a techy guy so specs mean a lot to me but I cant call anyone buying an iphone a moron either. A Mustang GT500 is a nice looking fast car but so is he 370S Nismo, buy what you like best, both fast, both nimble VERY different under the hood but equally fun to drive around the track! What Jobs did was take a V6 car, built everything around it to be as nimble as possible and as aesthetically pleasing as possible and then passionately sold it to millions. Nothing wrong there, V6 has been around for decades as well as tuned suspension, the difference is the drive and passion to make a tight package. Here's to hoping that Microsoft's phone comes out just as well as the S3 and iPhone 5 and just to stick to car analogy (in typical slashdot fashion ;) ) i hope its a ZR1!

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
I wonder how many of the people buy Apple stock because they're infatuated with their products and how many others are actually investing in the company because they feel its a good investment?

Hspito

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
[citation][nom]DEALwithIT007[/nom]Hey trolls!http://www.anandtech.com/show/6309 [...] erformanceMaybe the stock hitting 700 has something to do with the fact that the new iPhone destroys ALL other phones on the market in speed, all while running 33% less frequency than your precious Samesung phone? Maybe, just maybe, it's because Apple continually outdoes every other manufacturer?Cry all you want. Sour grapes for everyone! Fact is fact. Your horse lost. DEAL WITH IT![/citation]

LOL!!!! they will never understand. Thumbs up for you!
According to them Apple make crappy devices. LOL!

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Yes iPhones look stupid to us... but we are not the market they are going after. People who read Tom's Hardware know how to make an Android phone work just as great if not better then an iPhone. But the people who they are selling to don't know the difference between a Firewire port and an USB port. The closed enviroment model is great for 90% of the people who want this phone, the grandmas, the parents, the chicks in their 20's... They do not care about specs, you are not paying for the hardware. It is like thinking you are paying $500 for a Gucci handbag because it takes nearly that much in materials to make? No you are paying for the brand, the status symbol... Not too unlike Apple products. You are also paying for the lack of fragmentation, the support/genuis bar, guaranteeing that that odd game you like will work just like it should with your iPhone 4 and your friends iPhone 5, and to have it work with your other apple products. The computers are pretty much the same way... I bought a 2010 Mac Mini, for the price I paid the specs didn't add up if I had built an Intel based system on a Mini-ITX board... But I needed one for a project that I was doing (in hindsight should have done the Mini-ITX board... But I needed to be up and running within 24 hours). But the thing is a solid little box, I have never had it crash on me, never had a problem with drivers, and all the things just work. Is it gonna replace my PC rig? Not in this lifetime... but for everyone else who doesn't know a DVI port from an eSata port... a Mac is a great option. Not to mention the "Security through obscurity" that comes into play (though that is fading as the market share for Macs increases).

Macs/iPhones are great for the average consumer, not for the people here at TH.

niboned

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
Fandroids are the saddest bunch of whining ninnies in existance. No one is trumpeting your precious Andorid phones, boo-hoo. Get over it. Tards have been trumpeting Apple's demise since the first POS Android device came out and it hasn't happened yet. Do us all a favor and hold your breath while you wait for it to happen.

Hspito

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
[citation][nom]shadowfamicom[/nom]Yes iPhones look stupid to us... but we are not the market they are going after. People who read Tom's Hardware know how to make an Android phone work just as great if not better then an iPhone. But the people who they are selling to don't know the difference between a Firewire port and an USB port. The closed enviroment model is great for 90% of the people who want this phone, the grandmas, the parents, the chicks in their 20's... They do not care about specs, you are not paying for the hardware. It is like thinking you are paying $500 for a Gucci handbag because it takes nearly that much in materials to make? No you are paying for the brand, the status symbol... Not too unlike Apple products. You are also paying for the lack of fragmentation, the support/genuis bar, guaranteeing that that odd game you like will work just like it should with your iPhone 4 and your friends iPhone 5, and to have it work with your other apple products. The computers are pretty much the same way... I bought a 2010 Mac Mini, for the price I paid the specs didn't add up if I had built an Intel based system on a Mini-ITX board...............[/citation]

I'm with you in the status symbol. There is a lot of people that just want to show of they have one. However there is also the people that value the stability and the build quality. Another thing is that to many people focus on the specs numbers and I've come to find out that unless all the variables are the same they don't really tell the whole story about the device.
For example check this out http://www.anandtech.com/show/6309/iphone-5a6-sunspider-performance the iphone 5 is running a dual core clocked at 1.02Ghz but somehow in this java benchmark it performs almost twice as fast than the S3 international which is running a quad-core running at 1.4Ghz.

In paper the S3 is faster but in this bechcmark it's not. (I've seen other benchmark where the S3 is faster)

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]JacekRing[/nom]My mom's dead ass hole, and I have a basement of my own thank you very much, and I'm not sex starved cause I actually have a baby on the way.[/citation]

Looks like he struck a nerve. Defensive, much??!

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]shadowfamicom[/nom]They do not care about specs, but I care about hating Apple because it's the cool thing to do.[/citation]

Summed up your flimsy rant for you.

You clearly don't care about specs either, seeing how Apple has the FASTEST PHONE EVER REVIEWED according to credible sources like anandtech. What part of that do you trolls not understand? You keep focusing on meaningless features like "oh but I can customize it!!1". Most people need text, web browser, email, and a few apps like ESPN and other things. That's it. They don't need phones to be SSH clients, apache web servers, or whatever other meaningless things people have done with Android phones. It's a cool parlor trick and nothing more; it DOES NOT MATTER in the real world and is just a meaningless bullet point. The ONLY thing the Samsuck phones have "over" the Apple ones is a bigger screen, and frankly, I used the note and s3, and they are too big for me.

Fact is, compared directly to Apple spec for spec, the iPhone 5 beats the S3 at the things that actually matter to the majority of people, because most just need a reliable device that works as advertised - the fact that it ABSOLUTELY TROUNCES AND EMBARRASSES your precious samsuck is just a cherry on top ;)

P.S. I know you guys are red in the face from rage that the new iPhone is such an engineering marvel, but we iOS users will forgive your childish sour grape lashing out and welcome you back to the iOS ecosystem once you are tired of poor battery life, poor software, and much much poorer performance than Apple!

No hard feelings. Bygones be bygones! See you back, soon!

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Summed up your flimsy rant for you.You clearly don't care about specs either, seeing how Apple has the FASTEST PHONE EVER REVIEWED according to credible sources like anandtech. What part of that do you trolls not understand? You keep focusing on meaningless features like "oh but I can customize it!!1". Most people need text, web browser, email, and a few apps like ESPN and other things. That's it. They don't need phones to be SSH clients, apache web servers, or whatever other meaningless things people have done with Android phones. It's a cool parlor trick and nothing more; it DOES NOT MATTER in the real world and is just a meaningless bullet point. The ONLY thing the Samsuck phones have "over" the Apple ones is a bigger screen, and frankly, I used the note and s3, and they are too big for me.Fact is, compared directly to Apple spec for spec, the iPhone 5 beats the S3 at the things that actually matter to the majority of people, because most just need a reliable device that works as advertised - the fact that it ABSOLUTELY TROUNCES AND EMBARRASSES your precious samsuck is just a cherry on top P.S. I know you guys are red in the face from rage that the new iPhone is such an engineering marvel, but we iOS users will forgive your childish sour grape lashing out and welcome you back to the iOS ecosystem once you are tired of poor battery life, poor software, and much much poorer performance than Apple!No hard feelings. Bygones be bygones! See you back, soon![/citation]

No body is "mad" at apple and honestly apple hasn't trumped anyone. There are many choices when it comes to android some may be better some may be worse but the fact remains we got a fucking choice we can go cheap or beefy and that alone pwns some apple shit. I personally use a cheap andriod phone it does what I need, email text phone calls a few apps. Only ones I use are navigation which I might add blows apples out of the water and a resonance calculator for electronics. no one cares if you got a lame sticker on your car. All it means is you lack knowledge and paid for overpriced products.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]Tab54o[/nom]No body is "mad" at apple and honestly apple hasn't trumped anyone. There are many choices when it comes to android some may be better some may be worse but the fact remains we got a fucking choice we can go cheap or beefy and that alone pwns some apple shit. I personally use a cheap andriod phone it does what I need, email text phone calls a few apps. Only ones I use are navigation which I might add blows apples out of the water and a resonance calculator for electronics. no one cares if you got a lame sticker on your car. All it means is you lack knowledge and paid for overpriced products.[/citation]

Try posting without cussing - makes you look less mad, bro!

How is buying the fastest, best performing phone on the market and paying the same price as "high-end" Android "overpaying"? Can you explain? Didn't think so. Another troll tossed back under the bridge!

Sour grapes taste yummy?

It's ok, no grudges held by apple users. We will welcome you to the iOS environment once you are ready!

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]hspito[/nom]LOL!!!! they will never understand. Thumbs up for you! According to them Apple make crappy devices. LOL![/citation]

This is not about 'crappy' devices.
Apple's hardware is ok and their visual designs are well above par.
It is the COMPANY, it's policies and the way they, and the typical Apple users, treat everything and everyone around than that sucks !

I am involved in IT since the 70s (peek and poke means something to me, and it is not dirty)... and even back then typical Apple users where despised by most of my IT colleagues as they where notoriously uninformed and difficult to work with.
The typical Apple user buys (and bought then) form over function; style over raw performance.

Hspito

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]This is not about 'crappy' devices.Apple's hardware is ok and their visual designs are well above par.It is the COMPANY, it's policies and the way they, and the typical Apple users, treat everything and everyone around than that sucks !I am involved in IT since the 70s (peek and poke means something to me, and it is not dirty)... and even back then typical Apple users where despised by most of my IT colleagues as they where notoriously uninformed and difficult to work with.The typical Apple user buys (and bought then) form over function; style over raw performance.[/citation]

Good point!!! you most be one of the smart ones, because must people hate and call them crap no matter what.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I wonder how many of the people buy Apple stock because they're infatuated with their products...

Smart people buy Apple stock because it is obvious that iTardia is a disease that will likely afflict the locust of society for at least one more year or so and that tech-morons will keep buying whatever piece of garbage Apple puts in their faces. Just go with the flow and stop assuming stupid people will see the light. Yes, Samsung is a superior company to Apple. We know that. But morons don't. iCrappies are happy to be wondering about town proudly flashing the insignia of stupidity and cluelessness, the Apple logo. Buying the Apple stock has nothing to do with buying Apple products, it has to do with decoding the way technologically retarded people with disposable income think.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Summed up your flimsy rant for you.You clearly don't care about specs either, seeing how Apple has the FASTEST PHONE EVER REVIEWED according to credible sources like anandtech. What part of that do you trolls not understand? You keep focusing on meaningless features like "oh but I can customize it!!1". Most people need text, web browser, email, and a few apps like ESPN and other things. That's it. They don't need phones to be SSH clients, apache web servers, or whatever other meaningless things people have done with Android phones. It's a cool parlor trick and nothing more; it DOES NOT MATTER in the real world and is just a meaningless bullet point. The ONLY thing the Samsuck phones have "over" the Apple ones is a bigger screen, and frankly, I used the note and s3, and they are too big for me.Fact is, compared directly to Apple spec for spec, the iPhone 5 beats the S3 at the things that actually matter to the majority of people, because most just need a reliable device that works as advertised - the fact that it ABSOLUTELY TROUNCES AND EMBARRASSES your precious samsuck is just a cherry on top P.S. I know you guys are red in the face from rage that the new iPhone is such an engineering marvel, but we iOS users will forgive your childish sour grape lashing out and welcome you back to the iOS ecosystem once you are tired of poor battery life, poor software, and much much poorer performance than Apple!No hard feelings. Bygones be bygones! See you back, soon![/citation]

Wow, I am pretty sure you misunderstood what I was saying. I also never said the specs were bad or Samsung phones were more powerful either, I was just saying you are not paying for those specs entirely. I do not even have an Android phone, I have played with iOS and Android and they both have their pros and cons. I need a phone to just be a phone, I don't need it to be a powerhouse with some touch screen. I have a 2006 Samsung Blackjack with Windows Mobile 5.5 on it, and I am going to use it until it stops working. It has a full (real) keyboard and battery life (with the extended battery) lasts for 5 days with a few calls and a bunch of texts each day, has a total talk time of 7 hours, standby time of 16 days. And I can swap out the battery with another in a few seconds and just keep going. I need a phone to just be a phone, this whole shoving 40 things into one device just doesn't interest me. Do one thing do it right. For everything else I got a laptop, tablet, mac, and my gaming rig.... ect.

PS thanks for assuming I am willing to pay $75-$110 a month on dataplans for some of these phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.