[SOLVED] Applications stop responding one after another, I cant even shut down windows from start menu

Spudledudle

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
Hello!

Today I had a problem, that happened to me beofre two times, but I thought I fixed it. So basically whenever it happends some one of applications I am using stops working (easiest is to check opera gx because whenever i click a letter on my keyboard browser makes a click sound, and when the error happends there is no click sound) and after couple of second, another one stops working. When i noticed that, I tried to reboot from start menu, but it didn't work at all. I have heard that it might be related to my drive or my motherboard, I don't know if it is possible, but I am going to return my drive for warranty. If anyone has an idea what is causing this to happen, please let me know

Solution
This has happends to me in the past, and it turned out being a faulty hard drive. In Windows, this can also happens if the faulty hard drive isn't the same as Windows is installed onto.

Spudledudle

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
This has happends to me in the past, and it turned out being a faulty hard drive. In Windows, this can also happens if the faulty hard drive isn't the same as Windows is installed onto.
So i just have to try and swap out drives that i have? I also have 2 more SATA drives, one of them beeing hdd.
Thank you for your advice kind sir.

Spudledudle

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
Also, another question. Can a "non windows" drive cause pc not to detect boot drive? Because a few times my pc just wouldn't boot, but after going to bios and force booting it worked fine, except for one time, when after trying force boot it just powerd down (don't really know why)