Question Apps can only be opened with this thing called "Nuclear installer" ?

Sep 15, 2021
I am trying to download software off the internet, telling me that I need to open them with programs like 7-zip or WinRAR, which I have, but their icons are power-station type photos, and whenever I open them, it leads me to Nuclear Installer, which doesn't install anything, installs random programs for advertising etc. I have tried this with multiple programs as well. PLS HALP

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you show screenshots of what the icons look like? upload to an image sharing website and show link here.

maybe you need to ask the people you are getting files off?

is Nuclear installer a program on your PC? might help to figure out who made it , it should have program details. What folder is it installed in?

only 3 results for the name "nuclear installer" and 1 looks like actual Nukes, the other 2 are software but I can't tell what. One is what I asked, other leads to http://kinozoo.ru/pl/?q=installer+ui+mode+error+fm11 which I don't understand.

Sep 14, 2021
It sounds like the default program associated w/ those files is pointing to this Nuclear Installer.
  • Can you right click on the .7z or .zip, whichever file you're trying to open
  • Choose open with...
  • From there you should be able to change your default application that file extension uses

Sep 14, 2021
Last edited: