[SOLVED] APU no longer works with my GPU after a failed windows update

Xxcookid123xX

Honorable
Jan 14, 2015
During the night windows failed to download an update called "Advanced micro devices - media - 11/16/2017 12:00:00 AM - 10.0.1.6"
From what i've found searching, it's only an HDMI audio driver. But after this windows update, my GPU and APU no longer work together. If I plugged in my GPU, no screen. But after booting up with my APU only and disabling the APU, then rebooting with the GPU, now the gpu works. They will not work together, and since I'm now running off my GPU I can't access my bios since my ports won't work. Basically this windows update has Removed me over and I'm not sure what to do about it. It didn't even install too.

Incase if it was the other updates, this is everything windows says it installed:
NfQ3ebeXSTmfoHEQvenpdA.png

fMN1mLO-QHqqK8lGO7n3YA.png

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Clicking the blue link takes you to an oversight of that specifik update.
It may be worth the time looking through this, and then roll back the one (or more) updates you find is the culprit.

Windows will always find any necessary updates if you do an update search later.

You may have to dig into how you disable certain hardware driver updates, I'm a numb on this.

Xxcookid123xX

Honorable
Jan 14, 2015
If an update fails to download, you should always try a new download.
Dont hesitate until Windows have success with installing the update.
I did try re-doing an update but
  1. Windows says everything is fine, no updates left
  2. I can't find any download for this update online, it's from 2017 and only installing now

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Thats strange.
Did you just do a windows update beforehand, and then it found this driver to be updated?

Try a free driver detective and look at the result list.
You can always update outdated drivers found manually, using manufacturers download support pages.

If you choose the paid version, the program will automatically find all the drivers and install them.

Xxcookid123xX

Honorable
Jan 14, 2015
Thats strange.
Did you just do a windows update beforehand, and then it found this driver to be updated?

Try a free driver detective and look at the result list.
You can always update outdated drivers found manually, using manufacturers download support pages.

If you choose the paid version, the program will automatically find all the drivers and install them.
Sorry I probably should of mentioned that this computer is 8 years old and has no more driver support. So a driver detective/auto updater wouldnt matter. I have an AMD Radeon R7 200 Series Sapphire, which is no longer sold nor supported in updates, and even then I don't think it's a driver for neither my APU nor GPU (since they old and dont receive updates) moreover just a windows update that decided to not support dual graphics with my APU anymore. What i'm thinking here is that I need to reverse one of these updates I just don't know what caused it.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
You can actually roll back a windows update.
I recall i stumbled over this subject somewhere in settings, probably under windows update and security.
I will have a look in my settings.
You can look there too - you may be faster than me.

Xxcookid123xX

Honorable
Jan 14, 2015
You can actually roll back a windows update.
I recall i stumbled over this subject somewhere in settings, probably under windows update and security.
I will have a look in my settings.
You can look there too - you may be faster than me.
Yes I do know about that but it takes the form of uninstalling a specific update. I included an image in the OP, the 2nd one. It's what shows up for 10/10's updates (the night it happened) and I can uninstall any of those updates I just dont know which ones caused it, so I don't want to uninstall any wrong ones.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Clicking the blue link takes you to an oversight of that specifik update.
It may be worth the time looking through this, and then roll back the one (or more) updates you find is the culprit.

Windows will always find any necessary updates if you do an update search later.

You may have to dig into how you disable certain hardware driver updates, I'm a numb on this.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS