Question APU possibly causing multiple BSOD

Mar 30, 2020
A few months ago I built a pc with a r3 2200g and no dedicated graphics card so my little sister could play minecraft. After a few months she informed me that whenever she played single player, massive visual bugs would occur. I determined this was due to something wrong with the APU because the visual bugs would continue if you opened other applications. It was outside of the warrant so I tried putting in my 750ti to see if dedicated graphics would fix the issue. Every time I attempt to launch minecraft or download drivers, I get a blue screen of death saying either "memory_management" or "system_service_error" and I think there's one other but when I look it up they seem to be related to drivers. I also tried using a RX 550 and it had the same issue. I've tried every fix, including resetting the pc. I don't see how it could be a drivers issue because I literally don't even have drivers and when I try to download any, I blue screen. Therefore I'm forced to think it's the APU so I'm asking if the forum thinks this is the case? or if it's some dumb user error and I don't have to buy a new cpu.

Mar 30, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

cpu temp during the game?

malware scan the system?
r3 2200g
asrock 450m hdv r4.0 am4 socket
evga 500 w1 80+ white 100-w1-0500-KR
corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4 2400mhz PC4-19200
sandisk 240gb ssd
wd 1tb hd

The cpu temps stay around 45 while playing the game. Keep in mind this is when I take out the video card because whenever I attempt to launch with a card I blue screen.

I haven't checked for malware but it seems unlikely because it was a new system and I also did a clean install before making this post so I'm not sure where malware could have come from. What program should I use to check in case you think it's still important?

Last edited:
r3 2200g
asrock 450m hdv r4.0 am4 socket
evga 500 w1 80+ white 100-w1-0500-KR
corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4 2400mhz PC4-19200
sandisk 240gb ssd
wd 1tb hd

The cpu temps stay around 45 while playing the game. Keep in mind this is when I take out the video card because whenever I attempt to launch with a card I blue screen.

I haven't checked for malware but it seems unlikely because it was a new system and I also did a clean install before making this post so I'm not sure where malware could have come from. What program should I use to check in case you think it's still important?

Start with the free Malwarebytes - https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Let us know if it finds anything.

TRENDING THREADS