APU upgrade amd or intel

Filipe_6

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
Hello, i am looking to build a new computer to replace my AM1 athlon mini itx build.

What i am looking for is a cpu with igpu that can mostly play (client) steam, ps now, and emulators.
So far i am able to play anything as a client from my internet or main computer.

But i am also looking to run emulators like dolphin, and cemu in the futur.
Some emulators dont do well with intel igpu, and i really dont want to have running a gpu, so far as i know FM2 cpus are EOL, what can i expect from AMD this year, or what intel have to offer.

I only can keep the case+ssd, i guess the rest will need to upgrade (psu is external 75w)

ty

Solution
I think you should go for an AMD APU since they are cheaper. and you don't need to wait for what Intel had to offer. AMD can just do fine with everything. Don't worry. Also Intel CPUs will cost alot more than AMD CPUs. I suggest AMD for you(for the price too). Good luck with your decisions :p

Rohit_Ajay123

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
I think you should go for an AMD APU since they are cheaper. and you don't need to wait for what Intel had to offer. AMD can just do fine with everything. Don't worry. Also Intel CPUs will cost alot more than AMD CPUs. I suggest AMD for you(for the price too). Good luck with your decisions :p

Solution

Filipe_6

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

I will still wait for ryzen APU, then will get FM2 build or AM4