News Arc A770M Beats GeForce RTX 3060 Mobile, According to Intel

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
According to Intel they will also have a competitor to the 3080 and 3070, early 2022! 😂 I don’t even think it will happen this year.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
Last time I checked, they stated performance between the 3060ti and 3070, which seems about in line with the new claims right now?
There were so many rumors and expectations were steadily adjusted so I don’t know anymore.😂 have to say, at this point it’s better they give up and free up the precious wafers for AMD/NV.

KyaraM

Admirable
There were so many rumors and expectations were steadily adjusted so I don’t know anymore.😂 have to say, at this point it’s better they give up and free up the precious wafers for AMD/NV.
I don't want to have that. I want as many options to chose from as possible. Competition is healthy after all and I want another option than Invidia since I got burned by AMD cards to the point I'm not inclined to touch them again in the forseeable future.

Reactions: AgentBirdnest

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
I don't want to have that. I want as many options to chose from as possible. Competition is healthy after all and I want another option than Invidia since I got burned by AMD cards to the point I'm not inclined to touch them again in the forseeable future.
Oof that’s sad, AMD improved a lot, I think you should give them another chance instead of hoping for Intel to be good. I read a lot of consumer reviews on shopping sites, many people are happy with AMD and the drivers too.

Reactions: gg83
Intel will be a full generation behind AMD/Nvidia when they finally hit the western markets.
No they won't, intel won't be competing against the new gen high end but against the older gens mid-high cards.
They don't need to have a single win against the newest and biggest nvidia/amd cards, most of the market wants cheap GPUs and nvidia/amd alone can't provide enough of them.
Intel's compute and AI cards will have to compete, if intel wants to make money, but those don't have to run games and at benchmarks arc is pretty good.

Reactions: gg83 and KyaraM

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
No they won't, intel won't be competing against the new gen high end but against the older gens mid-high cards.
They don't need to have a single win against the newest and biggest nvidia/amd cards, most of the market wants cheap GPUs and nvidia/amd alone can't provide enough of them.
Intel's compute and AI cards will have to compete, if intel wants to make money, but those don't have to run games and at benchmarks arc is pretty good.
He is completely correct with what he said. Intel aspires to be competitive with Nvidia and AMD so what you say doesn’t make much sense. Competitive with the mid range only? So far didnt happen, and again you’re making no sense as new midrange is around the corner and Intel will not be competitive with the new midrange that will arrive this year or early next year.

For a company like Intel it’s not their goal to be competitive with mid range only and that was formulated by members of Intel frequently, they had performance targets like 3070-3080 not 3060-3060 Ti level.

KyaraM

Admirable
Intel will be a full generation behind AMD/Nvidia when they finally hit the western markets.
And I got a RTX 3070Ti running in computer. I have only academic interest in their cards for the forseeable future. But from the sound of it, they are quite close already, certainly closer than any other competitor, and the resources ar their backs. Most people I know play in the same or a lower league than me. They will find plenty of opportunity to sell their cards.

Reactions: gg83

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
Resources are completely irrelevant if you don’t have the science behind it, the development time to develop great drivers for example. So far their drivers are complete trash and don’t unlock the full performance of the GPUs, that or even worse, their GPUs downright just suck in games. I think it’s the former though. I don’t think Intel will have something nice this year, some midrange stuff for next year perhaps, with bad energy efficiency on outdated nodes.

KyaraM

Admirable
Resources are completely irrelevant if you don’t have the science behind it, the development time to develop great drivers for example. So far their drivers are complete trash and don’t unlock the full performance of the GPUs, that or even worse, their GPUs downright just suck in games. I think it’s the former though. I don’t think Intel will have something nice this year, some midrange stuff for next year perhaps, with bad energy efficiency on outdated nodes.
I mean. Only a moron would have expected otherwise. I still am interested in how they will do. Why should I not be. I already stated that I think a third player can only be beneficial to consumers, and I stand by that.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
I mean. Only a moron would have expected otherwise. I still am interested in how they will do. Why should I not be. I already stated that I think a third player can only be beneficial to consumers, and I stand by that.
Only if their stuff is good to begin with, otherwise it’s just like Matrox vs ATi and Nvidia, no real relevance and hogs up wafers that could’ve been used for better products.

KyaraM

Admirable
Only if their stuff is good to begin with, otherwise it’s just like Matrox vs ATi and Nvidia, no real relevance and hogs up wafers that could’ve been used for better products.
The cards are already at the level of current gen cards, what are you talking about? We have only seen low-end cards so far and a 3060 is nothing to laugh at. Again, as someone else said, they don't need to pop out a gaming king immediately. They don't have to. What's more important is endurance and constant improvement, then you can get something good in two or three years. Development doesn't happen overnight.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
The cards are already at the level of current gen cards, what are you talking about? We have only seen low-end cards so far and a 3060 is nothing to laugh at. Again, as someone else said, they don't need to pop out a gaming king immediately. They don't have to. What's more important is endurance and constant improvement, then you can get something good in two or three years. Development doesn't happen overnight.
Cool, can you link me the review of this alleged GPU that performs like a 3060?

LolaGT

Reputable
Oct 31, 2020
Everyone is still interested to see what these cards could have been if they had released on time.
But not a lot past that unless they are at cut rate prices and their drivers actually work and are stable(That is a lot of probably nots, since that seems to be why they aren't out yet in any meaningful way).

There is nothing but 'could have been' in this story. They have already missed the boat by many miles.
With what is shaping up as the soon-to-be glut of cards coming back in the market, Intel has a very tough row to hoe.

Reactions: KananX
With what is shaping up as the soon-to-be glut of cards coming back in the market, Intel has a very tough row to hoe.
So you believe that intel only created ARC to benefit from the GPU demand created by the mining boom?
You don't think they thought this thing through?
If there weren't enough GPU demand in normal times for intel to get some amount of market share they wouldn't have bothered in the first place.
Unless they banked only on the integrated and server GPUs and the gaming cards are just because "why not" we already made all the others we can make those too.

Reactions: KyaraM

KyaraM

Admirable
Are you talking about mining cards? The buyers of those will soon enough need cheap, good ones anyways and smart or knowledgeable people won't touch them with a 10 foot pole. Those cards are glorified paperweights. There is no reason for Intel to not expect to sell their cards.

JayNor

Honorable
May 31, 2019
Looks like they did well in 3dMark Timespy and in transcode. Probably will do well in apps that build on top of their oneAPI backend... rendering and the various data analysis python apps. I'd like to see a review on something other than gaming.

Reactions: KyaraM