[SOLVED] Archer T6E not detected by motherboard

StevieCGaming

Honorable
Jun 9, 2015
Recently bought the tp link archer t6e (ac1300) wifi card. When its plugged into the PCIe x1 slot on my MSI 970 motherboard, the power led is green, o its recieveing power. However, it does not appear in the onboard board explorer or in windows 10 device manager. Could the card still by non functioning even with the green led, or is there a compatability issue. I have tried the other pci slots on the motherboard and none of them work. I have an amd fx8350 with the msi 970 mobo.

Solution
Is flashing the BIOS dangerous? Windows 10 version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. 650 Watt CoolerMaster GM Series Modular 80+ Bronze PSU purchased 5 years ago.
Bios flashing itself is not dangerous, whats dangerous is power loss in middle of the flashing the BIOS. If your PC is working great I would suggest not to update the bios and rather go for a replacement of the Wi-Fi card.
even if after replacement you face issue with the Wi-Fi card then you can try updating the bios or resetting the bios by removing the CMOS battery and inserting it after 30 seconds

Lutfij

Titan
Check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your motherboard. Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You might want to also state the make and model of your PSU and it's age. you can source drivers for the adapter from their support site, here. Please note, that you have the right version number on the drop down list.

StevieCGaming

Honorable
Jun 9, 2015
Check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your motherboard. Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You might want to also state the make and model of your PSU and it's age. you can source drivers for the adapter from their support site, here. Please note, that you have the right version number on the drop down list.
Is flashing the
Strange. It should immediately detect the card and install the drivers.
Also make sure you are installing the correct driver for your region (US, EU, JP)
Try this driver:
https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202007/20200703/Archer T6E_V2_200603_Win10.zip
I have tried this exact driver already

StevieCGaming

Honorable
Jun 9, 2015
Is flashing the BIOS dangerous? Windows 10 version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. 650 Watt CoolerMaster GM Series Modular 80+ Bronze PSU purchased 5 years ago.

Bios flashing itself is not dangerous, whats dangerous is power loss in middle of the flashing the BIOS. If your PC is working great I would suggest not to update the bios and rather go for a replacement of the Wi-Fi card.
even if after replacement you face issue with the Wi-Fi card then you can try updating the bios or resetting the bios by removing the CMOS battery and inserting it after 30 seconds

Solution

StevieCGaming

Honorable
Jun 9, 2015
I flashed the BIOS anyway just to see and no change, still not appearing. Guess I'll just get a replacement and see if it works.

TRENDING THREADS