SirenJoe

Prominent
May 3, 2020
Hello everyone,
I need a new windows PC workstation that can handle a lot of the programs used in architecture. I would also like it to have good gaming performance.
Here is the list of programs I mainly use:
(Autodesk)
AutoCAD
Inventor
Revit
(Adobe)
Indesign
Photoshop
Illustrator
(Microsoft)
Word
Powerpoint
Excel
Teams
Outlook

Here is a list of programs that I will potentially be using:
Autodesk 3ds Max
Autodesk Maya
Vectorworks
Sketchup
ArchiCAD
Adobe Premiere Pro

And Sometimes:
SolidWorks

Pretty much all the time:
Sketching on paper and scanning for use with Indesign, Photoshop.

These are a pretty big must-haves since for sure I will be using this for ray tracing and photorealistic shots, animations, pictures, presentation grade images, etc.
Lumion
V-Ray
Corona Render
Unreal Engine

Here are the games I play (when I have time):
Overwatch
Fortnite
Minecraft

Other Information:
Desired Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
I already have a good keyboard and mouse, so I would like either
(1) single 4k high refresh rate monitor
or
(1) single 1920 x 1080p high refresh rate monitor
or
dual (2) 4k high refresh rate monitor
and the computer itself

I'm not sure whether overclocking would be a good option for me, since I will be mainly be doing these activities:
Drawing/Drafting on AutoCAD
Creating rough/planned/calculated models in Inventor
Creating floor plans and full, complete building models in Revit
Creating sheets, and views in Revit
Editing photos on Photoshop
Creating photorealistic views in Photoshop, or in the future, Unreal Engine
Importing drawings, views, sections from existing drawings to Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign for editing, final revisions, publications, etc.
Creating portfolios, publications, presentation grade quality sheets, etc. of such nature in Indesign.
Having multiple of these programs running at the same time with zero difficulty. For example, I may be running Photoshop to create something based off of something from AutoCAD (floor plans, elevations, scenes) and later upload it to an Indesign document. Obviously, I will be using the system in many different ways, and that was merely an example. I will be running multiple applications, and do NOT want to face lag switching between these programs.

Disclaimers:
This is NOT a PC that will be used entirely for rendering, since I will mostly be working on getting to the final rendering stage. However, when I do get to that stage, I would like to have nice rendering performance.
As of right now, I don't have a clear budget, but try to keep under $7,000.00 USD, with everything included.
'Everything Included' means:
The computer, will all of its specifications
The monitor or monitors
Windows 10 Pro

Solution
A friend of mine supports ArchiCAD for his company, and I remember him mentioning that ArchiCAD performance is strongly dependent on the amount of cache, so you will probably want to look at processors with large caches. This also suggests that memory performance in general is important.

Not much, but I hope it helps.
A friend of mine supports ArchiCAD for his company, and I remember him mentioning that ArchiCAD performance is strongly dependent on the amount of cache, so you will probably want to look at processors with large caches. This also suggests that memory performance in general is important.

Not much, but I hope it helps.

Solution